Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Eddy Cue confirmed a new build coming for Apple Music, potentially meaning Tuesday, due to Apple Music launching then. Means 2 versions in a week!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435495861.979541.jpg

https://twitter.com/cue/status/614632453542555648

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
He didn't say the new seed would arrive Tuesday. In fact, the omission of a date makes it seem pretty likely that iOS 9 beta users won't get Apple Music until the following week (at the earliest).

I never said he said that, I said POTENTIALLY meaning it would arrive Tuesday and gave my reasoning for the guess. Did you just skim what I wrote and miss that?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
One of my biggest points right now is Apple Music access, but I love using the beta as a daily driver.

Hopefully it does arrive Tuesday as well.

He didn't say the new seed would arrive Tuesday. In fact, the omission of a date makes it seem pretty likely that iOS 9 beta users won't get Apple Music until the following week (at the earliest).

I don't think it's unlikely at all. It'll probably be unlikely to see any changes other than the addition of Apple Music (probably just a rehash of Beta 2).

shandyman

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
One of my biggest points right now is Apple Music access, but I love using the beta as a daily driver.

Hopefully it does arrive Tuesday as well.

I don't think it's unlikely at all. It'll probably be unlikely to see any changes other than the addition of Apple Music (probably just a rehash of Beta 2).

Apple has done a beta a week apart before too. So it's not unusual.

mdc151209

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2015

They're going to want as many people as possible to sign up to Apple Music straight away. I'd be incredibly surprised if they don't add iOS 9 beta support for the 30th

Reactions: shandyman

ChaseSimon

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Yeah I agree with mdc151209...Apple is going to want EVERYONE to sign up for Apple music so I also believe they will release a new beta to us. And this would not be the first time a beta was released within a week of each other. So I believe it will be here on Tuesday with 8.4 as well!

Reactions: The Doctor11

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I would be happy to see iOS 9 beta 3 with Apple Music and News!!! Pleaseeeee. Also hoping badly for El Capitan beta 3

Reactions: nathanalf

Sport73

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2005
Wellington, FL
Not to beat this dead horse, but as a Marketing/PR guy my guess is that Eddy chose his words carefully.

"A new iOS 9 seed will support Apple Music"

"a new" : meaning you will need to update to another version different from that available, and not necessarily even beta3, just a new seed.

"will" : meaning at some point in the future, not the date specified (June 30).

I downgraded to 8.4 because I wanted Apple Music, and hated the battery issues with iOS 9 b1; would love to install b2 and teeter on doing it but I want to know for sure if it will mean missing Apple Music on day 1.

Cue has not responded to several follow ups asking for clarification if the seed will arrive on the 30th.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
"a new" : meaning you will need to update to another version different from that available, and not necessarily even beta3, just a new seed.
I don't think they want to waste their time creating branches.

Not to beat this dead horse, but as a Marketing/PR guy my guess is that Eddy chose his words carefully.
"will" : meaning at some point in the future, not the date specified (June 30).
DUDE, that's what I told myself too.
But even though his words are much more vague than our interpretation, the whole community assumed it would be available on June 30, and I think it will, or else he knows it's going to deceive a lot of people.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It has happened before, with betas and point releases.
When? I don't remember this happening. The servers seem to have enough trouble with one major public release, and I'm thinking 8.4 may cause a lot of traffic.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It has happened before, with betas and point releases.
You do remember iOS 9 beta 2 massive update issue right? I am a lucky person who received beta in no time. But many users need to wait for a better time to update.

This is just a beta, which means the user base is very limited.

So, I hope I will receive a new beta in June 30th but I don't want to hold my breath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.