1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Edit EXIF data

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hoef, Dec 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Hi, I received some photo's from a friend and the EXIF date stamp is a year off, which really messes up my iphoto. Is there an easy way to change EXIF data? I don't think photoshop allows that and I am hesitant to download a special tool as well.

2. macrumors 68020

e²Studios

There are quite a bit of solutions to this rather than listing them all here is a link to the search i did :) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=EXIF+Editor&btnG=Google+Search

Good Luck
    Ed

3. macrumors 6502a

Hoef

4. macrumors G4

Applespider

If you just want to change them so they sit properly in your iPhoto library, just change the date on them. You can do them as a batch change to make it easier so they sit at the right time in your library.

There's also an Applescript floating around the web somewhere that allows you to just add or subtract time from a batch of pictures (ie 2 hours, 3 days etc) in iPhoto.

5. macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Ahh easy does it. I didn't even know those were editable fields in iphoto :( Thanks!

6. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

While you can achieve the desired effect in iPhoto, as a unix/terminal oriented guy I have relied on jhead to do this for a long time.

BTW. Joe's iPhoto Applescripts didn't work well for me, probably 'cause I was impatient and they needed to keep the focus while working...

B

7. macrumors member

jasonh1234

8. macrumors 65816

me too

9. macrumors 601

compuwar

I tend to use exiftool.

10. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Looks like it's changed quite a bit in the 3+ years since the thread started! I'll check it out next time I have this kind of issue.

B

11. macrumors newbie