Edu discount iPod limit...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thekid055, Aug 23, 2004.

1. thekid055 macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2004
    With the educational discounts, the Shopping Agreements says:

There's no mention of iPods on this. I was able to purchase a 4G 20GB iPod recently at the discount price though. Does anyone know if there is a limit? I'd like to order an iPod mini for someone as a gift. Has anyone ordered more than one iPod with the edu discount?
  2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Ordering someone else an iPod using your EDU discount would be considered dishonest unless they also qualify for the EDU discount. Apple figures that one person only needs 1 iPod per year.
  3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    Well, every iPod that I have ever ordered, I have ordered using eductional discounts. This includes one ordered and intended to be given as a gift. Of course, I wound up keeping it (it was a mini) and ordering something else to give as a gift. I have never tried to order more of the specific items listed than what is allowed, but other than that I say that it is fair game. If Apple intended you to only be able to buy one iPod for a whole year, then that would be listed in their qualifiicaitons and restrictions. I do not agree that it is dishonest. But that is just my 2 cents.
  4. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    but since they don't say so explicitly you can buy as many as you want to.