Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekid055

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
With the educational discounts, the Shopping Agreements says:

Qualifying purchases per academic school year (July 1 - June 30):

* Power Mac, iMac, eMac, PowerBook, or iBook - One per year
* Printers - One per year
* Displays - Two per year
* Software - Two per year

There's no mention of iPods on this. I was able to purchase a 4G 20GB iPod recently at the discount price though. Does anyone know if there is a limit? I'd like to order an iPod mini for someone as a gift. Has anyone ordered more than one iPod with the edu discount?

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Ordering someone else an iPod using your EDU discount would be considered dishonest unless they also qualify for the EDU discount. Apple figures that one person only needs 1 iPod per year.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Well, every iPod that I have ever ordered, I have ordered using eductional discounts. This includes one ordered and intended to be given as a gift. Of course, I wound up keeping it (it was a mini) and ordering something else to give as a gift. I have never tried to order more of the specific items listed than what is allowed, but other than that I say that it is fair game. If Apple intended you to only be able to buy one iPod for a whole year, then that would be listed in their qualifiicaitons and restrictions. I do not agree that it is dishonest. But that is just my 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.