Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaymesma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Does anyone know if the educational discount is the same whether you buy in person, online or over the phone. If there are differences what are they? I have been told two completely different things from the Apple store and was wondering what the experience has been for everyone that claimed the discount.

Thanks.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Does anyone know if the educational discount is the same whether you buy in person, online or over the phone. If there are differences what are they? I have been told two completely different things from the Apple store and was wondering what the experience has been for everyone that claimed the discount.

Thanks.

it's the same

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Note that only hardware EDU pricing is available in-store...they will not sell you software at EDU prices there.

Note that only hardware EDU pricing is available in-store...they will not sell you software at EDU prices there.

However if you're attending a university, they might have some special discounts for a few apple programs. For instance, at University of vermont, I could get iWorks 2006 for $15 (even when it first came out). that's something else to check out.

Faculty get microsoft office for mac (2004) for $15, luck s.o.b's.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
However if you're attending a university, they might have some special discounts for a few apple programs. For instance, at University of vermont, I could get iWorks 2006 for $15 (even when it first came out). that's something else to check out.

Faculty get microsoft office for mac (2004) for $15, luck s.o.b's.

Honestly that's the real price of M$ software... $15... wonder what they pay for vista? $5 hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.