Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
harrinp1 said:
I'm not sure if the cashback T&C's changed as well, as I'm not sure it used to say you had to order via the link on the egg page to get the cashback as I entered the site via the NUS website in order to get my student discount.

Most of them you needed to follow a link but Apples was phone or web orders.

harrinp1

macrumors member
May 9, 2006
Chester, UK
I emailed Egg about my cashback on my order, they are saying that the Apple cashback offer was removed at the end of April. However I placed my order
on the 28th April but Apple didn't bill me until my MBP 17" shipped on the 6th May!:eek:

I'm not going to let them off with out a fight.

deebster

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2004
Olde Englande
harrinp1 said:
I emailed Egg about my cashback on my order, they are saying that the Apple cashback offer was removed at the end of April. However I placed my order
on the 28th April but Apple didn't bill me until my MBP 17" shipped on the 6th May!:eek:

I'm not going to let them off with out a fight.

Yup, same response to me, "Apple has not renewed the offer". They also mentioned the Egg link to the Apple Store being the only way to get cashback too.

You killed cashback. You bastards! :mad:

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
deebster said:
Yup, same response to me, "Apple has not renewed the offer". They also mentioned the Egg link to the Apple Store being the only way to get cashback too.

You killed cashback. You bastards! :mad:

Don't let them get away with that. It wasn't just the webpagge link that worked for the cashback. It was web AND phone orders.

In store purchases didn't work but it WAS NOT just orders through the web link. Many people on here will back that up.

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
Nooooooooooooooo :mad: :mad: Why would they do this to us?! WHY?!

I was so excited about getting my MacBook with this!

Ah well. *sigh*

Uber

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.