Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8erx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
I'm setting up a network with 8 eMacs(new) that I want to netboot over an airport extreme. The server is handling the dhcp. When they netboot the screen displays in B&W and is tiny and jarbled. W T F!? I tried setting up a new netboot image - same thing happens. Even when I hook the eMacs up through the switch it's jacked up. I'm pulling my hair out here. Oh, and get this, I call Apple tech support and they don't support eMac netboots over Airport. Perfect. Any ideas? Much appreciated.

csubear

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
sk8erx said:
I'm setting up a network with 8 eMacs(new) that I want to netboot over an airport extreme. The server is handling the dhcp. When they netboot the screen displays in B&W and is tiny and jarbled. W T F!? I tried setting up a new netboot image - same thing happens. Even when I hook the eMacs up through the switch it's jacked up. I'm pulling my hair out here. Oh, and get this, I call Apple tech support and they don't support eMac netboots over Airport. Perfect. Any ideas? Much appreciated.

it wouldn't work wired? aer you doing this with 10.3 server?

sk8erx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
eMac, netboot, airport

Yes, 10.3 server. It will netboot, it's just that the screen is all funky.
Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.