Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grimfool

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
After downloading public beta 5 my email crashes whenever I start it. Have sent feedback to Apple. Is there anything I can do to get it working? - I've rebooted several times to no avail

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you can find mail database and smash it in finder, you may be able to give another try.

grimfool

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks, but I turned off the email accounts in preferences and then started Mail and turned the emails accounts on one by one and it stayed up :). It appears to be a problem with my .mac account as although I have my inbox and sent folders working OK some of my flagged emails (specifically red, yellow & green) are not available whereas the blue & purple are

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thanks, but I turned off the email accounts in preferences and then started Mail and turned the emails accounts on one by one and it stayed up :). It appears to be a problem with my .mac account as although I have my inbox and sent folders working OK some of my flagged emails (specifically red, yellow & green) are not available whereas the blue & purple are

Turning off the email accounts in preferences worked for me, when I turned them back on, the Mail.app stayed open. But as soon as I click on the unified "inbox" Mail.app crashes. I can, however, access each mail account separately.

But, I cannot view my "red" flagged emails (purple displays just fine) and all my saved mailboxes and contents are gone :mad:

Update: I finally fixed my mail.app issues using below listed website, see Step 2 and it was in V3 folder not V2 folder

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...by-rebuilding-and-reindexing-the-mailbox.html

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The email crash problem has continued in that when I select certain saved mail mailboxes, the mail.app crashes immediately. Because those mailboxes crash the mail.app immediately, the option to select them and select rebuild is not possible. I also went into library/mail/mailbox and reindexed, but that did not fix it.

Through trial and error I discovered I could right click on those mailboxes and export the mailbox (right click doesn't crash mail.app). Then I deleted the original mailbox (that I exported), then imported it back into the mail.app.
Doing that to each mailbox that was crashing the mail.app solved all my mail.app crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.