Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purple skier

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I have two email questions about my iPad I hope someone can help me please?

1) over the weekend I received an email on my iPad which had the following message

...."this message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. multipart/mixed"..…

So I opened it on my windows computer. The sender of this email sent it from their iPad why can't I open it on mine? I have the current iPad. I can open the email on my iPhone what do I need to do to open it on the iPad? :apple:

2) when I send emails off my iPad I have noticed that after I send my email it appears in my sent items twice when I only press send once. Any ideas why this could be? ::eek::eek:

Many thanks for your help

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I have two email questions about my iPad I hope someone can help me please?

1) over the weekend I received an email on my iPad which had the following message

...."this message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. multipart/mixed"..…

So I opened it on my windows computer. The sender of this email sent it from their iPad why can't I open it on mine? I have the current iPad. I can open the email on my iPhone what do I need to do to open it on the iPad? :apple:

I've found this happens sometimes if you happen to try to load the e-mail while you have a weak WiFi or cellular connection. The e-mail either comes in corrupted, or the download gets aborted midway through.

Sometimes you can get it by force quitting Mail and reloading it. If that doesn't work, you might have to move it (from your PC) to another folder, and back, to get it to reload on your iPad.

[/quote]
2) when I send emails off my iPad I have noticed that after I send my email it appears in my sent items twice when I only press send once. Any ideas why this could be? ::eek::eek:[/quote]

No idea there. What type of e-mail account is it: Gmail, IMAP, Exchange...?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
2) when I send emails off my iPad I have noticed that after I send my email it appears in my sent items twice when I only press send once. Any ideas why this could be? ::eek::eek:

You probably have the email set to bcc yourself. I forget where the settings for that is, if nobody else posts it, I'll look for it and post later when I have more time.

Purple skier

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
Did the Sender use the mail app to send the email?

I'm not too sure sorry the other emails they send me were all fine

----------

You probably have the email set to bcc yourself. I forget where the settings for that is, if nobody else posts it, I'll look for it and post later when I have more time.

Surely if I sent bcc to myself it would come into my inbox too? Which it doesn't

----------

I've found this happens sometimes if you happen to try to load the e-mail while you have a weak WiFi or cellular connection. The e-mail either comes in corrupted, or the download gets aborted midway through.

Sometimes you can get it by force quitting Mail and reloading it. If that doesn't work, you might have to move it (from your PC) to another folder, and back, to get it to reload on your iPad.

Wifi signal was fine how do I force quitting mail on my iPad - sorry so many questions ?
2) when I send emails off my iPad I have noticed that after I send my email it appears in my sent items twice when I only press send once. Any ideas why this could be? ::eek::eek:[/quote]

No idea there. What type of e-mail account is it: Gmail, IMAP, Exchange...?[/QUOTE]
Hotmail is my email

Many thanks for trying to help:apple::apple:

Goondooguy

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2016
I'm not too sure sorry the other emails they send me were all fine

----------

Surely if I sent bcc to myself it would come into my inbox too? Which it doesn't

----------

No idea there. What type of e-mail account is it: Gmail, IMAP, Exchange...?[/QUOTE]
Hotmail is my email

Many thanks for trying to help:apple::apple:[/QUOTE]
[doublepost=1452419863][/doublepost]Hi, so what is the solution? Why I sent email from Keynote, the following error occurs?

This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program. multipart/alternative

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.