Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Why can't I get use to email on the iPad ? I try and try but every time I use it I delete my account/settings and just use Thunderbird on my pc instead.

Anyone else have this problem ?

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
No.

Tried a different email app? I use yahoo mail and find the ipad's resident app quite nice and easy. But there are other apps.

Yes. Maybe it is just me.

Have you read the recent news about Yahoo email being hacked ?

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
i use the app for the client.

e.g. outlook for my hotmail, gmail for my gmail etc.

the built in email app on ipad i do not like.

but that is me.

Use imap settings.

Reactions: max2

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Why can't I get use to email on the iPad ? I try and try but every time I use it I delete my account/settings and just use Thunderbird on my pc instead.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Can you be more precise what the issue actually is? So far we only know you try and then you delete your account afterwards.

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
I use the Spark email client/app by Readdle, and I am really happy with it. Easy to use. If you keep your documents in the cloud (Dropbox in my case), you can browse documents to attach like you would on a desktop, very easy to create filters, a "smart inbox feature" where unread email are always on top regardless of time received, with the chronological inbox just beneath it (the smart inbox is optional, but helps me keep track of my emails). Highly recommended.

Reactions: RudySnow

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I'm also a big fan of Spark on my iPhone & iPad.
Perhaps you're not keen on the organization with virtual keyboard. Maybe try using with a Bluetooth keyboard to save screen real estate and type faster?

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
I use the built-in mail app for all my email and have never had any issues. Before that when I had a MacBook Pro, I used the Mac built-in mail app, and the one on my iPad Pro is pretty much the same as that one. I use iCloud email for my personal mail and Microsoft Exchange for business, and both accounts work very well with the built in mail app.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I use "Spark" keeps everything synced through iCloud for all my accounts and devices. I was never a huge proponent for Apples Email app and this one solved all my problems of everything being out of sync lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.