Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joncam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Hi, I am new to this forum and Mac's!
I have an issue with sending mail from a pop3 account. Using broadband, which I do not have a regular connection, I can send and receive with no problem. When on dial up, I can receive email but not send. An error appears. It seems that to send, the email app does not like the fact that the connection settings for the dial up are different to the email account. The pop3 and smtp settings should be and are the same, and as as I said I can receive with no problem at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
So is the dialup one provider and the broadband a different provider? If so, I think this is your issue. Some email providers only allow you to send email when you are on their network.

joncam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
belvdr said:
So is the dialup one provider and the broadband a different provider? If so, I think this is your issue. Some email providers only allow you to send email when you are on their network.

Sounds about right. Had assumed this but was not sure that I was missing some setting somewhere.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.