Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harlem

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Post the full headers and a screenshot of the headers. We all think you're a troll.

Oh no! please don't think i'm a troll!! it really upsets me that a bunch of frustrated macpro users think i'm faking an email from their master steve jobs

get real will ya...

:rolleyes:

ColinM

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Pennsylvania
besides that, to the geniuses demanding a screenshot, if i went trough the trouble of inventing all this what makes you think i won't fake an email-screenshot...seriously its like 5 min. work, and you won't ever notice the difference.

Taking the stance that this is fake, we all know that it's so hard to write an email with poor grammar claiming to be from Steve, and even more work to google for an example of headers.

Same info at...

http://m.gizmodo.com/5579096/bgr-says-last-weeks-steve-jobs-emails-are-real

And the fact that you're defending not showing up screenshots screams fake. You aren't helping yourself if it's true.

archipellago

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Oh no! please don't think i'm a troll!! it really upsets me that a bunch of frustrated macpro users think i'm faking an email from their master steve jobs

get real will ya...

:rolleyes:

the reactions you've got in this thread are all you need to know that buying a mac pro or a mac of any kind is exactly the wrong choice!

Aug 26, 2008
Maybe its BS maybe it isn't, but one thing is for sure. Apple has not updated the MP line for some time and it doesn't look like they're in any hurry to do so.

Besides, what does the OP have to gain by lying about an update? Its not like he joined just to create this thread.

Apple's focus is on its iToys and less on computers, particularly the MacPro. Its not like they move a lot these babies, not when the low end MP is 2,500, how many units do you think they move. Not enough to justify expending resources to update it.

The sad thing is, the resources to keep it updated have to be absolutely miniscule compared to the resources they put into new iPhones every year. Think of the good will they would maintain if they actually looked like they cared about people's work machines too. They've gotta be careful, seems like they are treading dangerous waters. So much effort is put into the iPhone and it seems like version 4 is a PR disaster. Go look at any other tech site and see how much people hate Apple now. They are starting to be made fun of on a variety of TV shows (which often have to edit it out, or apologize! Insanity...), and it just seems like the "coolness" factor is rapidly dying.

If they screw their base contingent for something that's about to be trumped by Android, who knows? Of course sales seem to only be going up recently so...

harlem

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Taking the stance that this is fake, we all know that it's so hard to write an email with poor grammar claiming to be from Steve, and even more work to google for an example of headers.

Same info at...

http://m.gizmodo.com/5579096/bgr-says-last-weeks-steve-jobs-emails-are-real

And the fact that you're defending not showing up screenshots screams fake. You aren't helping yourself if it's true.

if the headers are from google, just copy paste the entire line and see if it turns up in google, eazy.

i'm true here. hope the macpro gets updated really fast, cause some of you guys are turning quite paranoid.

harlem

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2010
One more thing...i did get the email as a response to the one i had send to sjobs@apple.com. And even tho it could be possible that steve jobs has actually nothing better to do than respond to emails, i strongly doubt it. :rolleyes:

these emails are probably getting answered by some guys that do nothing else all day. now I'm not a rocket scientist here but steve jobs answering thousands of emails,...from his Ipod.... naaaaaa.

Hence the grammar mistakes. If Steve indeed wrote that email, than it must be pretty scary for some guys here whom worship Steve Jobs and think he's a supreme being. Even tho it might be the end of life as you know it, but one day some of you freaks might have to acknowledge that Steve's sh*# stinks just as bad as yours.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
One more thing...i did get the email as a response to the one i had send to sjobs@apple.com. And even tho it could be possible that steve jobs has actually nothing better to do than respond to emails, i strongly doubt it. :rolleyes:

these emails are probably getting answered by some guys that do nothing else all day. now I'm not a rocket scientist here but steve jobs answering thousands of emails,...from his Ipod.... naaaaaa.

Hence the grammar mistakes. If Steve indeed wrote that email, than it must be pretty scary for some guys here whom worship Steve Jobs and think he's a supreme being. Even tho it might be the end of life as you know it, but one day some of you freaks might have to acknowledge that Steve's sh*# stinks just as bad as yours.

Sure, people can think what they want. And of course I, among many others, am waiting for the new MP. And since its been so long since the last update, I am questioning whether or not this is real. And ya, it makes no sense why someone would randomly make this up, cause who in their right mind would do something so stupid and for no reason? But I think we all know that this world is full of people who aren't in their right minds who like to do stupid things for no reason.

And I still find it interesting that you continuously try and avoid a simple screenshot or full headers. Also, its weird that you keep bringing up the idea that someone else is replying to you instead of Steve himself. If he doesn't want to reply to an email, he just won't. Why would he ever have someone else reply?

spiralof5

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
part of me says that it was not actually Steve Jobs replying. Do you think Steve would actually have such a simple email address that the public could access?

That inbox must be rediculously large.

harlem

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2010
And I still find it interesting that you continuously try and avoid a simple screenshot or full headers. Also, its weird that you keep bringing up the idea that someone else is replying to you instead of Steve himself. If he doesn't want to reply to an email, he just won't. Why would he ever have someone else reply?

i'm not posting a screen shot simply because i don't take part in this hilarity + a screenshot wouldn't mean nothing, how naive can you be? like mentioned before its a 5 min. job to come up with a screenshot of an email with full headers, f*#k i could even throw in some extras.

all you guys asking for screenshots wouldn't even recognize a SJ email if it hit you in the head. Who started this "ooo post headers and screenshots" crap anyway.

Why would he ever have someone else reply?

i could think of a couple reasons. most of them commercial. How cool is it that one of the richest men alive actually takes time to respond to a kid from India asking why his Ipod skips songs for no good reason.....uhu:rolleyes: seriously...

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Wanted:

Speedy typists that can rattle off one line, shirty emails to whining Apple users, whilst pretending to be our glorious leader.

Qualities desired:

belligerence,
stubbornness,
actual belief that you are in fact Steve Jobs.

mwayne85

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
believe it or don't believe it, all up to you. like mentioned before, i don't see why i should invent getting an email from Steve jobs, since i'm not a mac user yet i didn't even knew all this mac pro update thing was such a big deal anyway.

i could post a screenshot but won't even bother...cause then its probably something else that's fake about it :rolleyes:

besides that, to the geniuses demanding a screenshot, if i went trough the trouble of inventing all this what makes you think i won't fake an email-screenshot...seriously its like 5 min. work, and you won't ever notice the difference.

So like i said believe it or not, i could care less :rolleyes:

It may take 5 minutes to mock up a fake e-mail screen, but it only takes 2 minutes to hit shift-cmd-4 and upload it. When you're asked to prove something in court, you can't just go "Yeah I could prove it, but i'm not gonna bother."

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
It may take 5 minutes to mock up a fake e-mail screen, but it only takes 2 minutes to hit shift-cmd-4 and upload it. When you're asked to prove something in court, you can't just go "Yeah I could prove it, but i'm not gonna bother."

In the time the OP has spent defending why he's not showing a screen shot he could have taken a hundred screen shots and posted them. Why spend so much time being stubborn? Because it's fake.

harlem

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2010

oh so i'm in court now...go out, enjoy life, its more than mac pro's you know

psychometry

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
In the time the OP has spent defending why he's not showing a screen shot he could have taken a hundred screen shots and posted them. Why spend so much time being stubborn? Because it's fake.
Also because harlem apparently isn't skilled enough to Photoshop a fake one. Pretty poor trolling overall.

Deepshade

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
fake or real - what the ****

There's no significant information about a 2010 MacPro - period

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
part of me says that it was not actually Steve Jobs replying. Do you think Steve would actually have such a simple email address that the public could access?

That inbox must be rediculously large.

He does actually respond to some. You can find some in past Macrumors stories. I'm guessing he doesn't read all of his zillions of emails and most are probably screened by staff.

I emailed him and asked him for a couple billion dollars, but still haven't gotten a response. That's peanuts for him, isn't it? That Steve is so smug!

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Wanted:

Speedy typists that can rattle off one line, shirty emails to whining Apple users, whilst pretending to be our glorious leader.

Qualities desired:

belligerence,
stubbornness,
actual belief that you are in fact Steve Jobs.

Fake Steve Jobs ;)

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
i'm not posting a screen shot simply because i don't take part in this hilarity + a screenshot wouldn't mean nothing, how naive can you be? like mentioned before its a 5 min. job to come up with a screenshot of an email with full headers, f*#k i could even throw in some extras.

all you guys asking for screenshots wouldn't even recognize a SJ email if it hit you in the head. Who started this "ooo post headers and screenshots" crap anyway.

i could think of a couple reasons. most of them commercial. How cool is it that one of the richest men alive actually takes time to respond to a kid from India asking why his Ipod skips songs for no good reason.....uhu:rolleyes: seriously...

Since you claim its real, a screen shot would take about 10 seconds.

And thanks for telling me what I would know newbie ;)

And last thing, Steve Jobs wouldn't reply to an email like that. He hardly responds to any emails in the first place. Those he wouldn't want to respond to, he just doesn't! No need at all for someone else to respond. He will just ignore them!

+1

+1

oh so i'm in court now...go out, enjoy life, its more than mac pro's you know

Is it your time of the month?

fake or real - what the ****

There's no significant information about a 2010 MacPro - period

New ATI and NVIDIA drivers sure seem like at least something to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.