Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm ending my Apple One subscription because I don't use half the stuff in it; I only want to pay for Apple Music and iCloud storage now. I've turned off renewal for Apple One but there doesn't seem to be a way to subscribe to Apple Music while the remaining part of the One subscription is active.

Is there a way to tell Apple that I want to keep Music active, or do I have to wait until it expires, then subscribe, resulting in a service gap?

Normally I wouldn't mind but I'm worried I'm going to lose my playlists and song library. I did export a copy of my Music library, but I don't know if I will be able to import that if something goes wrong.

Anyone else have experience dealing with this?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
If you look in your settings -> subscriptions, and you click on the apple one subscription, you can select the services you want to keep individually
I tried that; all it offers is an option to restart Apple One, which I don't want.

It expires today, but is still active. I guess I'm going to have to let it lapse. I really hope it doesn't mess up my library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.