Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emdotdee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Widnes, Cheshire, England.
hello
i was playing around with my system preferences and the schedule in the energy savings tab were u can tell ur computer to turn on and turn off at any time u want. so i set it so it wouls turn off and a few minutes later it would turn back on again and it worked fine, but then i turned it off and set both of the clock tos 00:00. the next day tho, the computer turned itself on again, when i went back to the schedule the times had changed back.
now every time i change them to 00:00 and click them off or click the little lock in the bottom corner the time changes on its own.

anyone understand and know how i can stop it?

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
evil_noodle_ said:
hello
i was playing around with my system preferences and the schedule in the energy savings tab were u can tell ur computer to turn on and turn off at any time u want. so i set it so it wouls turn off and a few minutes later it would turn back on again and it worked fine, but then i turned it off and set both of the clock tos 00:00. the next day tho, the computer turned itself on again, when i went back to the schedule the times had changed back.
now every time i change them to 00:00 and click them off or click the little lock in the bottom corner the time changes on its own.

anyone understand and know how i can stop it?

You don't need to it back to zero, jut uncheck the boxes and you should be all set. If not then see if you can find the preference file for System Preferences in YOUR library folder and trash that. You may have to go back and redo everything in the System Preferences.

emdotdee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Widnes, Cheshire, England.
even if i uncheck the boxes as soon as i close system preferences and open it again, the boxes have checked themselves.
this is very annoying, suppose i'll have a little look on the apple site.
thanks anyways

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.