Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exfordy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Our Epson 3170 scanner no longer works fully since we updated our iMac to 10.10.3 Yosemite. Looks like we need to get a new scanner? There are no solutions found on the web. We have Vuescan but that shows "no scanners were found connected to your computer". No driver update show on Apple Store. Any suggestions?
We need to be able to scan at good resolution A4 documents but also 35mm slides and negatives and we would like the scanner to be able to do OCR.
I am thinking of the Epson Perfection V600 Photo but has any Apple owner any recommendations?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Our Epson 3170 scanner no longer works fully since we updated our iMac to 10.10.3 Yosemite. Looks like we need to get a new scanner? There are no solutions found on the web. We have Vuescan but that shows "no scanners were found connected to your computer". No driver update show on Apple Store. Any suggestions?

Try to reinstall the drivers from here. Make sure you choose the ones for OS X Yosemite!

exfordy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Try to reinstall the drivers from here. Make sure you choose the ones for OS X Yosemite!
That doesn't offer anything more than I already have. I have asked Epson; what they suggested didn't work. They suggested I get a new scanner. I asked Hamrick. They suggested I try their 64 bit Vuescan. That didn't work. I have given up and ordered a new Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.