Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkphat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Hey,

If anyone can help me solve this, will donate 10 of my hard earned student dollars to charity.

I think I have tried literally everything to make this work. I can not seem to transfer the app to the device for testing. This is what I've done so far:

1. Requested a key in the key chain manager. Saved it to disk and uploaded it to the Dev Portal.
2. I got a certificate and installed it, as well as moved it to Library/MobileDevices/Provisions I also got the WWDR certificate and installed that.
3. I registered an app ID and added my iPhone ID to the list of Devices.
4. I made a provision profile, downloaded it, installed it and saved it into Library/MobileDevices/Provisions. I checked the iPhone itself to verify that it was installed.
5. I edited the build settings to display all the code signing identity stuff as instructed by the pdf in the dev portal.

When I try to build in either debug/release onto the device, it gives me a verification error:

"Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error (0xE8000001) during the install phase: Verifying application"

I read the other thread on this issue, but nothing seems to help. Maybe someone else has experienced this.

thanks

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
make sure you set the target settings not just the project settings. They look the same so it's easy to choose the wrong one.

bkphat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
nope. nothing changed. same old error. it was set already. thanks though.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
nope. nothing changed. same old error. it was set already. thanks though.

I had this exact same problem.... Here is how I got things to work... under profiles I created a 'wildcard' profile... You use an * instead of a project name... and then 'attached?' THAT profile to the project I was working on and bang it worked like a charm!

I hope this helps and if it does instead of making a donation just buy the next homeless person you see a nice sandwich and drink... :)

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.