Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A lunch time coffee beckons:

Coffee (naturally processed) from El Salvador, served with organic hot milk, freshly squeezed orange juice (which comprised two blood oranges and one ordinary orange), and fresh French bread.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
At present, just now, I am sipping a mug (Le Creuset, burnt volcanic orange) of coffee from El Salvador, (natural process) served with the last of the organic milk (served hot) and a dash of double cream.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I do not know about you people, but I am getting my daily dose of trigonelline because I love it so. It keeps me young and spry too.
Firstly, I hit "reject all" for the usual cookie nonsense, when it flashed on the screen in front of me.

Next, I could hardly make my way through that actual article it was so ad heavy; not only were paragraphs flooded with ads, but, individual sentences were, too, not to mention that the (exact same, exceedingly distracting) ads appeared - like patterned wall paper - along the side margins, too.

The upshot is that I think that the article repeated what the headline said; I'm still at a loss to understand why - or, what this actually means, as I couldn't make my way through the obstacle course of ads.

Okay: Off to prepare an afternoon mug of coffee.

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
Firstly, I hit "reject all" for the usual cookie nonsense, when it flashed on the screen in front of me.

Next, I could hardly make my way through that actual article it was so ad heavy; not only were paragraphs flooded with ads, but, individual sentences were, too, not to mention that the (exact same, exceedingly distracting) ads appeared - like patterned wall paper - along the side margins, too.

The upshot is that I think that the article repeated what the headline said; I'm still at a loss to understand why - or, what this actually means, as I couldn't make my way through the obstacle course of ads.

I didn't really know about the ads -- they get blocked on my browser. The crux of the article is that trigonelline may keep your muscles young and that (here's the good news) trigonelline is found in coffee. Now, please, go back to your El Salvadorian coffee and enjoy! For me, it's Kauai coffee with a hint of milk, and it's delicious.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars

I have also adblockers, but I've also made the experience that sites that have a lot of ads and live on it, are not ususally very informative, at least not from my point of view and what I'm interested to know something about.

There's exceptions as always though. But the site build usually speaks about the quality of thought too.
So I recommend google the subject of interest, and go from there to satiesfy the inquire.
Google also often gives very concentrated reosonable answers, and sometimes that is enough even. But when needed go from there.

So short answer is, don't click on links, not even on Macrumors, google your question 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
My espresso is good, as always, today.

A good knockbox is ordered, finally. I just had to take some time to investigate a bit.
I didn't fell for Sage's own though. Knokboxes are not that expensive, so one can experiment.
I took some time to google it through though.

Also enjoying my new Midnight MBA, beautifull and classy machine. No regrets about the color whatsoever.
I haven't tested to pour over espresso over it though, as long as I can. I'll pass that..
It actually have happened somewhere in the past though, and the Mac survived, as it wasn't a full cup over it.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
6f8dfab1d26f01dbca5cef69ddf3a4ee.jpg

Espresso at Cancun Barceló Maya Riviera, spring break 2024

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Enjoyed the last of one of my coffees from El Salvador earlier today, and the other is also running a little low.

Time to start perusing some coffee sites in order to replenish my diminishing supplies of coffee.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Just tried the darker espresso roast the local roaster I sourced the last bean from to make my latte this afternoon.

It was delicious. Tasted just like it smelled as a bean which is rare for a coffee for me. Prefer this darker roast espresso over the medium roasted espresso. But I am going to keep on sourcing my espresso from this place. Once my drip coffee runs out from the other place, I will pause that subscription in order to try their drip coffee.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
Today I finished the last of some Mexican beans, tomorrow it'll be the last of some Hawaiian coffee.

Fortunately my supply is well stocked with recent purchases of some coffees from Colombia and Ethiopia. Next week some new coffee from Hawaii should arrive.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A rhetorical question: Is (French) - or, rather, continental café culture compatible with the climate (wet, cold, windy) o the British Isles?

I ask because earlier today, I enjoyed a coffee with a cousin in (or, rather, seated outside at one of those lovely little French style café tables, a canopy covering us) the French bakery and - while studying the pouring rain - which took the form of a vicious late March shower - we touched upon this very topic.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
A rhetorical question: Is (French) - or, rather, continental café culture compatible with the climate (wet, cold, windy) o the British Isles?

I ask because earlier today, I enjoyed a coffee with a cousin in (or, rather, seated outside at one of those lovely little French style café tables, a canopy covering us) the French bakery and - while studying the pouring rain - which took the form of a vicious late March shower - we touched upon this very topic.

I can understand that there's a seasonal problem.....but what do the French do during the wet cold and windy part of the year?

paris-cafe-snow-PARISWINTER0822-57e4d6e11e3d48fdb6d3d62970f4c5fe.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm finding my recent purchase of Colombian coffee to have a very sweet and tart note of strawberry.

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.