Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickyValentine

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 7, 2023
So today I went to play an essential album on Apple Music and now some songs are gone and others are in different order. What happened?

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I'd read, years ago, that certain albums "purchased" on AM (iTunes back then) were suddenly unavailable, so this doesn't surprise me.
I still buy CDs, and most of my contemporaries make fun of me. But, I can still listen to anything I've purchased, for the last 50 years.

When I first read your thread title I thought of Prince's "1999", a double album (vinyl, ask your folks... or your kids) that had the fawnky hit Dance, Music, Sex, Romance (DMSR). I taped it in college on a 90-minute cassette (again, ask other generations) and about wore it out. Bought 1999 on CD when they came out, they were able to squeeze that double album onto one CD, by leaving off one song: DMSR?!?!? Subsequent Prince GH and compilation CDs never included DMSR, I just couldn't find a digital copy of it anywhere; wondered if Purple Guy grew to hate the song and never play it again. I just checked, and it is now posted on EweTube; good to hear it again.

Reactions: ukbootlegs

ukbootlegs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2019
United Kingdom
I'd read, years ago, that certain albums "purchased" on AM (iTunes back then) were suddenly unavailable, so this doesn't surprise me.
I still buy CDs, and most of my contemporaries make fun of me. But, I can still listen to anything I've purchased, for the last 50 years.

When I first read your thread title I thought of Prince's "1999", a double album (vinyl, ask your folks... or your kids) that had the fawnky hit Dance, Music, Sex, Romance (DMSR). I taped it in college on a 90-minute cassette (again, ask other generations) and about wore it out. Bought 1999 on CD when they came out, they were able to squeeze that double album onto one CD, by leaving off one song: DMSR?!?!? Subsequent Prince GH and compilation CDs never included DMSR, I just couldn't find a digital copy of it anywhere; wondered if Purple Guy grew to hate the song and never play it again. I just checked, and it is now posted on EweTube; good to hear it again.

DMSR is such a great tune. I remember having it on a 12“ mixes prince compilation I bought

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.