Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
I have a .Mac account and use Eudora (6.0.2, "Paid" through site license to my organization) and I can't download eMail (POP) using SSL authentication. I've tried all possible combinations of preferences settings. Plaintext password works fine. SSL authentication in Apple Mail also works fine. And my two other accounts ("personalities") in Eudora work fine with SSL.

I posted to the .Mac support forum about this a while ago, and they basically said they can't help me unless I use a "supported" client (basically, Mail.) I really like Eudora, though, and had some bad experiences with Mail early on.

Has anyone been able to get their .Mac eMail through SSL POP using Eudora?

[Edit: Qualcomm does not offer tech support to site-licensed users.]

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I had a lot of trouble with Eudora when I was on 9.2. Even called Apple and Qualcomm. The only real fix that I found was to uninstall Eudora. I changed to Entourage. Currently under Panther I can't use Mail. So Entourage is still my friend. When my wife went to our local Apple Store her Mail via .Mac worked. So there is a compatibility issue, soon we will find out if it is Earthlink.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
next to mail in panther my favorite mail app ever would have to be claris emailer. used it around 97/98. great app for its time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.