Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

slaWter

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2016
Switzerland
Switzerland Store, Opened 09:04 on a Chrome Browser - not on App Store App and Safari only a few minutes later.
Available until about 09:10 for pickup 3.11.

Strange, my confirmation mail is from 09:10 and I'm already at 2-3 weeks.
I guess I can look at the leather case, which arrives earlier.

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
Spain here. App wasn't working for me at 09:04 (actually, it didn't work until 09.11am), so I had to do it through the web (at ~09.05).

I was logged in with an Apple ID I don't usually use to buy things, so I had to enter my CC manually. Chaos.
Silver 64Gb.

Confirmation email at 9:05 saying Nov 3rd.
But it doesn't end here.

I had a per-day-limit set on my CC for >1000€, so they tried charging >1000€ and got rejected. I got an email from Apple telling me that they had problems. At the same time, after I removed the limit, I got charged again successfully. But no new email telling me everything was right.
The status still is "We've received your order".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowser-23

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
When I was able to login, all my details for shipping and payment were empty.
I ordered an ATV4 a couple of days before, so it should have been fine but wasn't.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
This was really chaos....

I pre-ordered the X 64gb Silver in The Netherlands.
Also all my shopping favorites disappeared including my shipping details....
Finally placed my order at 9:07 and delivery scheduled 20-27 nov.

But I'm kind of scared since I can't see my order through the normal website, but in the app I am able to see my order.... :eek:

Don't you worry...that's quite normal. The order doesn't show up in the app immediately. It should appear under your account in some time...maybe tomorrow.
[doublepost=1509094403][/doublepost]Ugh! I don't know how others in Netherlands had their app or website working before 9.10. I was constantly closing and opening the app on my iPad Pro till my thumb got sore and I had the website auto-refreshing every second on my Mac (using some utility...don't remember the name). But the website store opened up first at around 9.10 and the app was still not up. So I went ahead and selected 64 GB space grey and was happy to see that it was available for pick-up at Amsterdam on 3rd Nov. I rushed through with no further delay and I got a pop-up saying that's no longer available and would I like it to be delivered to my delivery address instead. I didn't notice the date and rushed through the order. At the end, it gave me a delivery date of 20-27 Oct :/ FML.

The strange thing is the app wasn't up until I had placed my order on apple.com/nl. I can now just hope that the delivery date would advance a bit in the next few days.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Ordered 9:11:D

kk.PNG

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Switzerland: reserved my iPhone X space gray 256 GB for in-store pickup a few seconds after the online shop opened. It will be waiting for me on November 3rd at 09:00. Yay :)

By the time I was done with the order, they were sold out for in-store pickup and shipping estimates were at 4-5 weeks already. Crazy.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Was two hours late after pre-order started and now delivery date is November 10th at the earliest..

bigenius

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2014
Sweden
Sweden: Ordered through the Apple Store App on my iPhone.
I got the confirmation mail at 9:04.
Shipping on Nov 3. Space Grey 256GB.

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
So I thought it might be fun to create a thread for us continental europeans to discuss the iPhone X pre-orders. What was your experience?
[doublepost=1509102178][/doublepost]
This is kind of an interesting status website from the carrier Telia in Denmark:

https://www.telia.dk/privat/mobiler-og-tablets/apple/iphone-status/

Two quick notes:

iPhone X 64GB Silver is either in lowest demand or highest supply
They claim that they will get new shipments from Apple more than once per week

I placed my order with another Danish carrier, but I suppose it will be more or less the same.
I guess it's cheaper for Apple to send them out as they get them and not to pile them up.

But a lot of danish carriers have told the press that the initial pre-orders are even higher than with the iPhone 7. I think Apple will make a looooot of cash with this phone.

Last edited:

Hamsterhjulet

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Denmark
This is kind of an interesting status website from the carrier Telia in Denmark:

https://www.telia.dk/privat/mobiler-og-tablets/apple/iphone-status/

Two quick notes:

iPhone X 64GB Silver is either in lowest demand or highest supply
They claim that they will get new shipments from Apple more than once per week

I placed my order with another Danish carrier, but I suppose it will be more or less the same.

I ordered through Telia DK. A bug in their system somehow let a small amount of people through already at 8:30, including me. I wanted a Silver 256gb but they had no in stock, even though I could order half an hour before everyone else. So I went with Space Grey 256gb. Can't wait to get my hands on it this friday.

I've called support to tell them about the problem, where some was let through before time, and the nice lady just said: "Count yourself as one of the luckiest people in Denmark". So my order came through, even though it was ordered before official time!

Reactions: Macintosh IIcx

laerning

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Silver 256 GB here.
Ordered at 09:07 with pick-up at the store on Nov. 3rd.

Order status still 'Order placed'

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
aaaargh .... the Credit Card company blocked my payment ... so apple send me an e-mail that payment didn't go through!

Called the bank to let them remove the block, and authorized again for the payment. Credit Card company says it is okay now, but now I'm not sure if I will still get them 3 november ?

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
The Netherlands
Silver 256GB
Don't know the exact time I placed the order, had Apple resend the confirmation mail as I never received the first confirmation. Delivery on Nov. 3rd. Order status at "Order in Progress".

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
Italy here: Store Opened around 9.11 via web browser but nothing before 9.15 via app. Rushed through the process with Safari in less than 15 seconds and got 21-28 November for SG 256Gb... hope to get it sooner, but sill good seen the actual 5-6 weeks timeframe ;)

_LeaFy_

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
Still got order placed on my sg64, delivery 2-3 weeks. Should I be worried?

SwissGuy93

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Still got order placed on my sg64, delivery 2-3 weeks. Should I be worried?
No, Apple is working through all orders now. Mine is 03. November and I just got "Order in Process" a few minutes ago. I think Apple got a lot of orders to process.

EDIT: and my case order (ordered separatly) is still on "Order Placed".

scotio200

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2015
Order has changed to Pending Order and I can see a pending transaction on my AMEX card.
I need to change shipping address, is it possible still or will it drop my order?

needlz

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
Strange, my confirmation mail is from 09:10 and I'm already at 2-3 weeks.
I guess I can look at the leather case, which arrives earlier.

Same here. Ordered 9:08 via App (2x 256GB Space Grey), received e-mail confirmation at 9:10 with 2-3 weeks shipping time. No idea how others got their faster, I was constantly refreshing since 8:55am :D

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 13.44.00.png

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Order has changed to Pending Order and I can see a pending transaction on my AMEX card.
I need to change shipping address, is it possible still or will it drop my order?

You may call Apple store change something on the order.
Not sure about the delivery address, but could change my credit card, so you probably can change it.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
aaaargh .... the Credit Card company blocked my payment ... so apple send me an e-mail that payment didn't go through!

Called the bank to let them remove the block, and authorized again for the payment. Credit Card company says it is okay now, but now I'm not sure if I will still get them 3 november ?
Call Apple. As long as you have an order number and call within 24 hours, you should be okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.