Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Malcster said:
Urk, whats the betting this is something to do with the UK MacBook Pro orders that were meant to ship today... :(

They're probably just going to update them with "Now shipping"... or maybe "Shipping March" :eek:

I'm not expecting anything overly interesting but it's the first time the stores been down on a Tuesday for awhile so it's worth celebrating. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Given that the US store is still up and running, I'd guess this is more likely some routine maintenance or at most a price tweak or two – if you're hoping for Quad 4GHz Intel Power Macs this afternoon I wouldn't go holding your breath just yet...

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
The U.S. store is always later in coming down than the EU stores on days when there is an update. It usually happens just after 8am ET.

EDIT: The U.S. store is now down as of 7:55am ET.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Jaffa Cake said:
Given that the US store is still up and running, I'd guess this is more likely some routine maintenance or at most a price tweak or two – if you're hoping for Quad 4GHz Intel Power Macs this afternoon I wouldn't go holding your breath just yet...

And exhale.... damn. ;)

If anything particuarly interesting was about to be released I guess we'd have got wind of it by now. Can't help but be curious though.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
nomad01 said:
And exhale.... damn. ;)

If anything particuarly interesting was about to be released I guess we'd have got wind of it by now. Can't help but be curious though.

The rumour sites have been getting things badly wrong lately.....

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
TV content added to iTunes and iPod Shuffle discontinued

US Store will go down within the next 15 min

My guess :D

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
nomad01 said:
US Store is down now. So SOMETHING is happening anyway... even if it's not going to be too exciting.

It is down...I hope something cool will be coming out, but I think they will just say that MBP's are now shipping.

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Apple Store U.S. is now Down. New goodies? one can only hope. Perhaps there adding Universal Binary Pro Apps for sale or perhaps something even better....

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
nomad01 said:
They're probably just going to update them with "Now shipping"... or maybe "Shipping March" :eek:

I'm not expecting anything overly interesting but it's the first time the stores been down on a Tuesday for awhile so it's worth celebrating. ;)

It says back within the hour, does it take that long to this?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
liketom said:
TV content added to iTunes and iPod Shuffle discontinued

US Store will go down within the next 15 min

My guess :D

how do you know?

jacobj

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Jersey
A grown up rational being would be very clam and about this and say what happens, happens..

but damn I get excited when these things happen.....

I must grow up!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
a456 said:
It says back within the hour, does it take that long to this?
It always says that.

For the recorded this is because they are launching the Apple Smartphone today. I know because the postman delivered my Palm T|X from Amazon about 45mins. ago and I just broke the seal and started charging it.....bugger.:(

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
nomad01 said:
And exhale.... damn. ;)

*cough*Mighty Mouse*cough*

None of us saw that coming.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
Mighty Mac

Chundles said:
*cough*Mighty Mouse*cough*

None of us saw that coming.

Introducing the Mighty Mac, the new Pro Desktop with Intel Processor from Apple ... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.