Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
With my 14PM I was quite content with the latest iOS 16x version, however I upgraded to iOS 17. Although it has many terrific new features; like all software, it has bugs. I reported the bugs to Apple, but I wonder do Apple ever read them? I sent reports of problems with "Siri and Notifications", plus the "Markup feature" in photos.
Now with the latest update of iOS 17.1, neither important issues I reported have been fixed (which worked fine in iOS 16x.)

So I'm just checking, is the following link the one that I should be using?...
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not sure what you're expecting here. This isn't a tech support portal that acts immediately to solve things you've personally reported. It's more of an unmonitored suggestion box.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The notebook that documents all the current bugs in iOS is likely several inches thick. There’s countless bugs, many which never get fixed. It’s overwhelming.
Each new release of a brand new OS always has many issues. Those who buy brand new phones must suffer through them — but there’s no good reason why someone with an older iPhone should — ever— install a new OS before spring time at least.
I wait until August.

Last edited:

jparchem

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
but there’s no good reason why someone with an older iPhone should — ever— install a new OS before spring time at least.
I wait until August.
I think there are compelling reasons reasons to install a new OS version released in the Fall without needing to defer until Spring or lates summer the following year.

Yes there are new bugs introduced, but there are also many that get fixed too. Second, the new features offered by the new iOS versions themselves make a compelling reason to upgrade. I get why you might want to delay, but for many people it's worth it. I've been doing updates on older iPhones, iPads and Macs for years with few problems. Any real show stoppers bugs introduced always are quickly addressed by Apple in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: StaceyBink
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.