Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Still no option to allow cross fading music in Apple Music. The same enhancement that was released to Apple Music for Android last October...

NoahNation95!

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2017
I love iOS 14.5 beta 1. Although im having issues with airdrop taking forever to transfer things and the green tint issue is still around. ? unlocking your phone with apple watch is a game changer! Hopefully these bugs are fixed in beta 2.

Chewie16

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2018
It has been a while since a beta was THIS buggy with basic features.
- Safari doesn’t render pages as WebKit is broken (notably this very own forum). Luck of the day, I kept a Chrome installed just because and here I am using it. Bug report sent.
- CarPlay doesn’t work. At all. Not even detected by any of my vehicles. The Release notes mention the feature not working if you have contact sharing, but in one vehicle I don’t even have the phone paired via Bluetooth, so it doesn’t apply for me. Bug report sent.
- Bluetooth audio is cracking up badly on both car and AirPods. Another bug report. Dang!
Just took a 4 hour trip and just realized right before we left that the beta broke CarPlay. Any tips on trying to get this to work again. Anyway to disable contact sharing?

KaplanMike

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
Wish they'd fix their "upgrade" to Messages, so it's now impossible to delete more than one message at a time. It USED to work on Mac. It STILL works on my iPhone. Spending five minutes a day clicking on each individual piece of spam -- then dragging the mouse to confirm the delete -- is driving me crazy!

fidelisoris

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2019
New Hampshire, USA

Expanded Controller Support
This has to be my most frustrating portion of iOS, especially iPadOS.

None of the standard games I play (and my iPad Mini is dedicated fully to mobile gaming) support an external controller. These are games that involve active movement such as Dragalia Lost and Genshin Impact, and in the case of the latter already supports it on consoles and PC.

Apple needs to push the controller API harder on these developers to get them to integrate it. I know the Apple Arcade has a requirement for it of some sort, but it would be nice if Apple's API teams really nag this support for "active" controls (i.e. not tap-controlled interfaces) in all games. I find touchscreen controls, especially virtual "analog sticks", on these games frustrating and tend to avoid using the mobile version of them for this exact and specific reason.

YKApple

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2021
Canada
But I am soooo happy about the CarPlay reporting (haha police) because Waze is terrible now and Apple Maps is my go-to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.