Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyline r34

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
San Diego
I want to use the 680GTX but I own two 27-inch LED Cinema displays, and there no way to hook up other monitor to this card, EVGA only Provides one displayPort to mini display port adaptor, So it sucks that I might have to go with Sapphire's 7950, I don't understand why EVGA did not go with dual displayPort to mini display port like the Nvidia Quadro K5000, It would of made my decision that much easier

handheldgames

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2009
Pacific NW, USA
I would's say never. This should work to get an image on both of your displays from the 680GTX. If you can find one with 2 DP ports, that would be the best solution.

680GTX DVI-DL-> active DVI-DL to MDP adapter -> MDP Female to MDP Female cable -> MDP display
680GTX DP -> DP Male to mdp male cable -> adapter ->MDP display.

I want to use the 680GTX but I own two 27-inch LED Cinema displays, and there no way to hook up other monitor to this card, EVGA only Provides one displayPort to mini display port adaptor, So it sucks that I might have to go with Sapphire's 7950, I don't understand why EVGA did not go with dual displayPort to mini display port like the Nvidia Quadro K5000, It would of made my decision that much easier

Last edited:

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I want to use the 680GTX but I own two 27-inch LED Cinema displays, and there no way to hook up other monitor to this card

You can get a DVI to DP adapter, but they are very expensive. Gefen makes both a single link DVI and dual link DVI version. You would need the dual-link version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.