Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blueracoon

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2014

crawas

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
some emails not downloading

hey guys, my problem is that i have google apps for work so its a paid account but when i set it up as exchange then not all emails are being downloaded from the gmail server. when i use the gmail app, all emails are there and when i use the native iphone mail app and set it up as a gmail account then it all works fine as well. the problem is when i set it up as exchange it starts to leave some emails out. any ideas?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
hey guys, my problem is that i have google apps for work so its a paid account but when i set it up as exchange then not all emails are being downloaded from the gmail server. when i use the gmail app, all emails are there and when i use the native iphone mail app and set it up as a gmail account then it all works fine as well. the problem is when i set it up as exchange it starts to leave some emails out. any ideas?
Is it just random emails from random days, or basically some older ones or something like that?

crawas

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Truth I'm not sure. It seems to be the older ones but I just check random folders and a lot are missing from a bunch of folders. The phone is set for "no limit".

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Truth I'm not sure. It seems to be the older ones but I just check random folders and a lot are missing from a bunch of folders. The phone is set for "no limit".
Is this generally within a day of setting up the account or even some days later it's still missing some emails?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.