Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
[rant]I HATE EXPERTS EXCHANGE. Half the time I search for the answer to something on Google I find that the first or second link is to Experts Exchange. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A SOLUTION OR THE ANSWER TO A QUESTION?!!! You can find most answers on the internet without any issues. The internet is meant to be about freedom of speech, freedom of information and accessibility to all. Experts Exchange go against all of that. We give out free information on here to anyone that asks for it, most people on the net do. I just think its wrong and every time I see a link for Experts Exchange in Google I feel like getting a hammer and chisel and hacking those pixels out of my screen that contain the link and text. B*@$*!€s!!![/rant]

Sorry, I had to vent.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
That happens to me all the time...sometimes I think that there isn't really an answer, they just have the question, and you pay to join and then they say "do you want to submit an answer to this question?" :rolleyes:

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Spanky Deluxe said:
[rant]I HATE EXPERTS EXCHANGE. Half the time I search for the answer to something on Google I find that the first or second link is to Experts Exchange. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A SOLUTION OR THE ANSWER TO A QUESTION?!!! You can find most answers on the internet without any issues. The internet is meant to be about freedom of speech, freedom of information and accessibility to all. Experts Exchange go against all of that. We give out free information on here to anyone that asks for it, most people on the net do. I just think its wrong and every time I see a link for Experts Exchange in Google I feel like getting a hammer and chisel and hacking those pixels out of my screen that contain the link and text. B*@$*!€s!!![/rant]

Sorry, I had to vent.

Seconded.

How do these Experts Exchange pages get such high PageRanks? Who is linking to these usless pages?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Spanky Deluxe said:

Sorry, I had to vent.
Sorry
The Internet isn't MEANT to be anything. It is a communication protocol, nothing more.

Paid solutions are available for people without the knowledge or patience to search for their own free answers.

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
OutThere said:
That happens to me all the time...sometimes I think that there isn't really an answer, they just have the question, and you pay to join and then they say "do you want to submit an answer to this question?" :rolleyes:
I think that every time I accidentally click on the EE result. I HATE that site.

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
wrc fan said:
um... i don't like experts exchange or anything, but when it does pop up in a search result it usually has the answer... just scroll down past all the crap telling you to sign up to where people's comments are.
i second that. It took me ages to spot it, but in fact for many things i look for now the answers are indeed there, at the bottom of the page.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
wrc fan said:
um... i don't like experts exchange or anything, but when it does pop up in a search result it usually has the answer... just scroll down past all the crap telling you to sign up to where people's comments are.
Same, i've almost always been able to see the answer, just scroll down a lot. Half the time it's not answered though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.