Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
I have installed the spanning hack onto my ibook and I absolutly love it. When I paired it up with an icurve and a bluetooth keyboard it is absolute heaven to work. There is one thing that I would like to be able to do with the spanning hack however that I can't figure out to how to. I have a CRT connected up to my ibook and when I plug it in it becomes a secondary screen and the dock and menubar stay on the ibook's lcd. Now is there a way to get the menubar to move to the other display. I know I can get the dock to move by switching the location to the other side of the desktop. Anyone have any ideas or input on this? Thanks,

Armando

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Go in to Displays in Systems Prefs, and drag the white bar from one desktop into the other ;)

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 61

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
edesignuk said:
Go in to Displays in Systems Prefs, and drag the white bar from one desktop into the other ;)

What an awesome tip! I've been spanning with my PB for 6 months, CRT screen above my PB screen, and didn't know you could do this. I'm constantly amazed at the little things that go to make the Mac systems that make them so great to use.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.