Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
I have a Miglia TV Micro that uses EyeTV to record. I read on the description that it will auto wake up from sleep. But, if my laptop is closed, will it still wake up? Also, once it is done recording, how do I make it go to sleep? The past couple times, my macbook was left on all night. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have a Miglia TV Micro that uses EyeTV to record. I read on the description that it will auto wake up from sleep. But, if my laptop is closed, will it still wake up? Also, once it is done recording, how do I make it go to sleep? The past couple times, my macbook was left on all night. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes it will auto-wake and I schedule mine to sleep at 11 p.m. every night or on one specific night. Check under system prefs for scheduler.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
Yes it will auto-wake and I schedule mine to sleep at 11 p.m. every night or on one specific night. Check under system prefs for scheduler.

Ok, but will it auto go to sleep when it is finished recording?

Thanks!

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
This is actually incorrect if a laptop is closed it will not wake up, only solution to such a problem is plug in screen/mouse/keyboard etc (not 100% on that) or use a program like InsomniaX to make sure it stays awake in closed lid mode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.