Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Psalmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I then deleted the app from the device, reinstalled it from app store--same effect, can't log-in in the instant before it crashes....
It's caused by the font being set to high. If you can change the font down to 135% or less in control panel, the app will work fine. Obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.

Psalmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Same problem here..I noticed it within minutes of finishing the iOS 17 update on my m2 iPad Pro 11”. Every other app seems fine. I noticed FB released an update on their app a day or two ago due to crashes, but they didn’t specify iPhone or iPad. Deleted app and reinstalled, to no avail.
Since doing an update to the facebook app earlier today, the app keeps crashing. I even done a restore which made the app work for a while, but as soon as I pressed the ‘log out’ button to log into another account, it crashed again. Anyone else having the same issue with the same iPad model or a different model? Hopefully Facebook will update the app soon (but I wont hold my breath as facebook seems to be not bothered about iPad users) they have stripped most features for the iPad version of the app for some strange reason.
It's caused by the font being set to high. If you go into settings. Control panel. Font and change it to 135% or less. The app will work. Obviously a book that needs to be fixed, but it's a workaround for now.

Psalmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Same here on iPad Air 4th generation. Tried to uninstall and install again the Facebook app but still crashes.
It's caused by the font being set to high. If you can change the font down to 135% or less in control panel, the app will work fine. Obviously a bug that needs to be fixed.

Rreini

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Westland, MI
I’m having difficulty finding that setting. Under Settings / General / Fonts, I show no fonts installed, thus no way to adjust size.

Psalmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I’m having difficulty finding that setting. Under Settings / General / Fonts, I show no fonts installed, thus no way to adjust size.
Setting. Control panel. Scroll down to text size. Press green + button.
Main page on phone. Top right corner swipe diagonally to open control panel. Reduced size too 100%

I1r1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
Main page on phone. Top right corner swipe diagonally to open control panel. Reduced size too 100%
I do exactly what you said still not work!

I1r1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I do exactly what you say still not working

Attachments

• IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 59

Rreini

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Westland, MI
It was in Control Center rather than Control panel, but I found it and added it. Text was at 110%, reduced to 100%; that was ineffective, the app still crashes, even after a hard reset. EDIT: version 433.0 resolves the issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.