Facebook Push Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iRooney, Mar 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

iRooney

So I had to reinstall iOS on my phone today, and after redownloading all of my apps, I noticed that the Facebook app never popped up a push notification request like it has in the past. Has anyone else noticed this? Don't I have to approve the app's ability to send me notifications at the OS level?

2. macrumors 68020

macingman

The phone could have saved the facebook app settings because the OS has built in integration with facebook so the facebook app is not treated just like any old app. (same with twitter, podcasts etc.)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

And in a weird turn of events nearly two full days later I open Facebook and get the push notifications prompt. Hmmm

4. macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yes its buggy as hell right now ... btw .. if you would have clicked the little globe icon (notifications) in the fb app, it would have prompted immediately ..lol

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Negative. Every time I opened the app that little globe had numbers on it telling me I had notifications (the phone just wasn't pushing them at that point). That little globe got tapped a good thirty times before iOS ever prompted me for push.