Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmflame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2021
So am trying to install OS X Yosemite on my Late 2006 Intel Core 2 Duo iMac. When I was researching for solutions how to make this, I came across MacPostFactor. At the beginning everything was fine until I came to the "Skip Ad" step. On MPF v.2.0.1 and v.1.0 (I tried both hoping to get a version without "skip ad" step), I got stuck on the "Skip ad" step - it just showed me a white rectangle, and on the bottom I was seeing "Waiting for you to click "Skip ad"". Also, when I download the MPF v.2.0, it actually showed me the error popup saying I've got no Internet connection, whereas my computer connects to Internet just fine.

Is there a way to bypass this "Skip ad" sort of thing? If not, are there any other similar patching tools to perform similar installation.
Thanks in advance!

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Those MPF versions try to connect to a long-gone server IIRC. There is no graphics acceleration on the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 in Yosemite, meaning the GUI will be quite slow and glitchy.

When I ran Yosemite on a Late 2006 MacBook Pro, I installed on a supported Mac first, cloned it, replaced boot.efi with an EFI32-compatible one and edited PlatformSupport.plist to include the board ID.

Reactions: TheShortTimer

vmflame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2021
Those MPF versions try to connect to a long-gone server IIRC. There is no graphics acceleration on the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 in Yosemite, meaning the GUI will be quite slow and glitchy.

When I ran Yosemite on a Late 2006 MacBook Pro, I installed on a supported Mac first, cloned it, replaced boot.efi with an EFI32-compatible one and edited PlatformSupport.plist to include the board ID.
Thank you so much sir!

Could I also give you a question regarding “PlatformSupport.plist” - is there any guide to “include the Board ID”

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Any editor can be used to modify /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
To query the model and board ID, run these two commands in Terminal:

ioreg -l | grep product-name ioreg -l | grep board-id

Reactions: TheShortTimer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.