Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaochuanMAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2016
New Macbook pro, 15', 10.12.2, this graphic 'glitch' shows every time when graphic cards switches, (open ligthroom/photoshop, quit lightroom/photoshop,etc) and I noticed that this issue isnt about screen or some other hardwares, it's just the siri pop-up window UI itself,

Take a look at the first images, its definitely graphic glitch, however, check the last one with SHANGHAI weather pop-up on the top, you will get that it's just a siri bug, it's not about other software or hardware.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 83
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Here's an example of how the glitches are caused by the GPUs switching in the middle of an OS operation, a video playback/edit or media rendering.

1. Have automatic graphics switching enabled.

2. Play this video in Chrome

3. You should notice a flicker occur because the video's codec is alternating acceleration between the iGPU and dGPU.

4. Disable automatic graphics switching.

5. Clear cache and reload the page above. The video will now play normally as it is only being accelerated by one GPU.

So expect driver updates soon, which would happen anyway with new chipsets.

Reactions: GaochuanMAC

jdelcorr

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2016
USA
New Macbook pro, 15', 10.12.2, this graphic 'glitch' shows every time when graphic cards switches, (open ligthroom/photoshop, quit lightroom/photoshop,etc) and I noticed that this issue isnt about screen or some other hardwares, it's just the siri pop-up window UI itself,

Take a look at the first images, its definitely graphic glitch, however, check the last one with SHANGHAI weather pop-up on the top, you will get that it's just a siri bug, it's not about other software or hardware.

I am still getting this on my tb 15" 460 after 10.12.3. Went to the Apple Store today and was able to reproduce it on their two 15" laptops.

I also get it if I hover the mouse over the Close/Minimize/Maximize buttons, there will be a small square on top of each circle. You can reproduce it if you go to System Preferences - Energy Settings and toggle the Automatic Graphics Switch.

With Siri I've found out it only happens in the "Some things you can ask me" window. In the other "windows" it does no happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.