Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Just got the red/black vapor 4 element case from Jacky Lin. Took exactly 10 days and the fit / quality is really nice. There's a little scuff on the black portion on the bottom of the case but its hard to see. Overall really glad I paid the price and not a penny more.

$13.68 total: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/103551265.html

btw: that's an icarbons full body skin that's on the phone.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    706.6 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    746.2 KB · Views: 66

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
My seller? I already explained that I'm not affiliated with that website. They just sent me a case to review. If you bothered actually reading this thread you'd see they asked for volunteers here.

Yes I reported you. Some people here reported me so why not? If I'm gonna get punished for small things, then it's only fair that the rest of you that break rules get the same treatment.

Are you suggesting every case review go into an existing topic of that case?

Why do you single mine out? Because you had this misconception that I am a seller for yoyobase? Also in this thread you'll find that I reviewed a case from Simon tech.

Outside of this thread, I briefly reviewed lucky labs and its customer service. All of this you could have known if you bothered looking at my history before making accusations.

----------

Just got the red/black vapor 4 element case from Jacky Lin. Took exactly 10 days and the fit / quality is really nice. There's a little scuff on the black portion on the bottom of the case but its hard to see. Overall really glad I paid the price and not a penny more.

$13.68 total: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/103551265.html

btw: that's an icarbons full body skin that's on the phone.

That's it... I really want my white vapor 4 now. And thanks to you and Pezz, I also want more colors haha. Gonna have to sell my white vapor pro now...

ozshadow

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Does anyone have a link to where either the real or fake case was drop tested? I'm curious as to how much protection it would give.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
A real Element Silver Vapor Pro Spectra would have the same finish as the Silver Vapor COMP shown in this picture. Notice how the bright brushed finish matches the finish on the button. They are also offered in different bright anodized colors but the Ultrasuede back and ear piece would be black with a Spectra.
vc-3.jpg

A real Element Silver Vapor Pro Chroma would have a bead blasted less glossy, flat satin anodized finish. Also offered in different colors but the Ultrasuede back would be colored to match the case color.

attachment.php

The Silver Vapor Pro Spectra that I got from Jacky Lin had a flat satin finish that look a lot more like spray paint than anodizing. There was also a slight mismatch from one case part to the other. Almost all of the Silver copies that I have seen in pictures appear to have the same finish.

attachment.php

When I asked Jacky Lin why the Spectra finish that I received appeared to be a satin Chroma finish, he told me that was the only Silver finish that they offer. Based on this, I would suspect that the only difference between a Chroma and Spectra copy would be the color of the Ultrasuede back and the Ear piece.

The quality and true color of the finishes appears to be one of the biggest differences between a real Element Case and a fake one.

I KNEW THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SILVER CASES! one is more metallic looking and the other has more of a satin finihs!
i need your help guys...
does any seller on aliexpress sell a case under these specs:

- silver/silver brushed steel finish
-longer plastic insert

i need to find a seller that satisifies both of these !! if so please link me

thank u
!

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
you know what he/she isnt selling them for that cheap anymore. Here is the link to the store:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/708161

The cheapest i can see on aliexpress at the moment is here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...one-4G-aluminium-bumper-film-wholesalers.html

5 cases for $36, so just over $7 each...

And i agree actually, the Vapor 4 looks nicer on the phone in terms of flushness with the besel. also doesnt look as bulky as the vapor pro.

thanks!

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Man, sorry for straying from you guys with my other review. I got eaten alive out there.

Anyway, I'm about to get my vapor 4 so I'll post up a review of that in here.

Looks like I'm sticking to legit brand reviews for separate threads.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
you know what he/she isnt selling them for that cheap anymore. Here is the link to the store:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...one-4G-aluminium-bumper-film-wholesalers.html

And i agree actually, the Vapor 4 looks nicer on the phone in terms of flushness with the besel. also doesnt look as bulky as the vapor pro.

nice that its not as bulky as the vapor pro, but overall how is the bulk of the vapor 4?

i currently have the incipio feather on my phone now and love how thin it is.

im not against a case that is a bit bigger, but didnt want it to look too bulky.

what are you opinions on the overall size of the vapor 4?

SipperyPete

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2011
nice that its not as bulky as the vapor pro, but overall how is the bulk of the vapor 4?

im not against a case that is a bit bigger, but didnt want it to look too bulky.

I don't think my Vapor Pro is bulky so if this is less bulky, I'll be very pleased. I just ordered 3 from Ada for $19! I figure that the pieces are all interchangable so I really bought like 9 different variations for under $20...can't beat that.

:D

----------

The 5 cases for $36 does not have free shipping, although I'm noticing that prices change by the minute. The following link was provided to me directly by Ada Li when chatting, and the cost was $19.59 for 3 cases. The price has increased $22.16 within the last 10 minutes...good thing I ordered them 10 minutes ago!

Vapor 4 from Ada Li

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I don't think my Vapor Pro is bulky so if this is less bulky, I'll be very pleased. I just ordered 3 from Ada for $19! I figure that the pieces are all interchangable so I really bought like 9 different variations for under $20...can't beat that.

:D

----------

The 5 cases for $36 does not have free shipping, although I'm noticing that prices change by the minute. The following link was provided to me directly by Ada Li when chatting, and the cost was $19.59 for 3 cases. The price has increased $22.16 within the last 10 minutes...good thing I ordered them 10 minutes ago!

Vapor 4 from Ada Li

how were you able to get 3 for $19?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010

well the vapor pro has more of a pronounced lip over the edge of the besel. There is still a lip on the vapor 4 but it fits more snugly around the phone. So basically the vapor 4 is thinner.

The plastic insert on the vapor pro makes that part of the phone look quite bulky too, however the vapor 4 sort of does the same thing around the top and bottom sides of the phone, but it just looks smoother.

The vapor 4 is longer too.

874f79eb.jpg

75528b94.jpg

723e707c.jpg

a03aa179.jpg

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
I KNEW THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SILVER CASES! one is more metallic looking and the other has more of a satin finihs!
i need your help guys...
does any seller on aliexpress sell a case under these specs:

- silver/silver brushed steel finish
-longer plastic insert

i need to find a seller that satisifies both of these !! if so please link me

thank u
!

bump. anyone?

Presonance

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I ordered a Vapor Pro White Edition from this seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...metal-case-for-iphone-4G-4GS-wholesalers.html

But the case is slightly too large for my phone. As some people have said in previous postings, it's possible to mod this case to make it fit by sanding, but I'm too lazy and not very handy :p

Anyone want to try their hand at it for $20? Ships fast out of Seattle (or meet locally if you live here.) PM me.

Last edited:

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Received the silver with orange plastic insert today....must say its pretty damn nice!

6cb9927a.jpg

18a444cb.jpg

f7e2fce1.jpg

fitment is great, no wiggle. Also as per the last picture it has come with a new type of mini screwdriver, which is pretty cool. This case was from Ada Li:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...ell-phone-case-for-iphone-4g-wholesalers.html

Also to note, the power button quality is perfect. Not sure about everyone else but the buttons on previous versions always looked like they had been worn down a bit, but this one looks brand new.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
This case was from Ada Li:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...ell-phone-case-for-iphone-4g-wholesalers.html

Also to note, the power button quality is perfect. Not sure about everyone else but the buttons on previous versions always looked like they had been worn down a bit, but this one looks brand new.

would you say the silver is satin silver or brushed steel? is this the longer plasti or the shorter plastic?
also do u have ada's direct email address?

do you have the regular silver/silver version? how does the one you have compare?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
would you say the silver is satin silver or brushed steel? is this the longer plasti or the shorter plastic?
also do u have ada's direct email address?

do you have the regular silver/silver version? how does the one you have compare?

Yea more of a brushed look, not glossy like the red/silver i received a while ago. This is the longer plastic insert.

i dont have her email address but you can chat with her online with the link i provided before :).

Mr. Scott

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2011
Received the silver with orange plastic insert today....must say its pretty damn nice!

fitment is great, no wiggle. Also as per the last picture it has come with a new type of mini screwdriver, which is pretty cool. This case was from Ada Li:

Could you show us how the gloss of the Silver finish on this case compares to your other cases?

6cb9927a.jpg

874f79eb.jpg

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
892f295f.jpg

Looks like the blue/silver, but doesnt feel the same. The silver/orange feels smoother than the silver/blue.

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
So I've been using my Vapor 4 from Daisy Li for a couple of days now. I have to say, the white Vapor 4 is a much better quality case than the white Pro or the black/magenta(light purple?) Pro I have. The white paint on the Pro started to show wear after only a day in my pocket. The white 4 does not have any wear after two days. It's also ceramic white so it looks quite nice. Fit is almost too snug.

I notice a definite signal degradation especially when indoors. I'd say about 1 bar loss in my home and up to 2 bars loss when in places like malls. GPS and WiFi don't seem to have a problem of course the 3G degradation means GPS functionality is affected.

I'll do a full review with pics later on. I will have to do the db test this time. I have an iPhone 4S. The only downside to this case is that the top and bottom are much thicker than the Pro. This means you're definitely going to have a problem with accessories especially aftermarket ones. My AT&T car charger does not fit. This might be a deal breaker for me. Crying shame because I think this case looks superb. I much more prefer this case over the Pro.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

iz2sick said:
So I've been using my Vapor 4 from Daisy Li for a couple of days now. I have to say, the white Vapor 4 is a much better quality case than the white Pro or the black/magenta(light purple?) Pro I have. The white paint on the Pro started to show wear after only a day in my pocket. The white 4 does not have any wear after two days. It's also ceramic white so it looks quite nice. Fit is almost too snug.

I notice a definite signal degradation especially when indoors. I'd say about 1 bar loss in my home and up to 2 bars loss when in places like malls. GPS and WiFi don't seem to have a problem of course the 3G degradation means GPS functionality is affected.

I'll do a full review with pics later on. I will have to do the db test this time. I have an iPhone 4S. The only downside to this case is that the top and bottom are much thicker than the Pro. This means you're definitely going to have a problem with accessories especially aftermarket ones. My AT&T car charger does not fit. This might be a deal breaker for me. Crying shame because I think this case looks superb. I much more prefer this case over the Pro.

Completely agree...

Element need to make a case that has the thinness of the thin sides of the vapor 4/pro all the way around the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.