Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I had to temporarily disabled this tweak - guys, the default animation is beautiful. Not beautiful enough to warrant me running w/o FakeClockUp but wow what a standard GUI Apple has created. :p

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I had to temporarily disabled this tweak - guys, the default animation is beautiful. Not beautiful enough to warrant me running w/o FakeClockUp but wow what a standard GUI Apple has created. :p

i agree it's nice so i settled for 1.4x gives it just a little boost!

although i speed it up sometimes to show off :cool::D

Inkllicious

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Just installed this on my 3G.

Notably faster and considering the lack of RAM it has compared to my old phone (3Gs..) I'm quite satisfied.

Thanks for sharing :)

STravisC

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2010
This was making my 3G crash into safe mode ALL the time. Tried reinstalling but that didnt work so i UNinstlled and now im fine. Makes me mad i loved it so much!! :mad:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I love this app. Might be my absolute favorite. I keep playing with speed settings.

2.0x is wow though. The wiggles are a little schizo but whatevs. 10x is absurd.

Up there with BiteSMS, SB Settings, and Barrel.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
There's a new update for this tweak. With version 0.2-1 icons stay at normal speed when they're wiggling.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
It's even trippier than before. I was used to the super wiggling speeds. Now it just seems....odd :p

Yeah I know what you mean. The wiggling I can handle but I don't think I'd like going back to an entire phone running at 1.0x.

Che Castro and Genetic, it's safe. The only change is when you press and hold an icon, like if you're going to delete/move it. Instead of moving at what you have the tweak set for it's back to normal 1.0x speed. Everything else remains faster.

Where do you get the update? Not on original repo

I think there were two repos posted earlier in this thread. I got it off the repo I've been using all along which is http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Yeah I know what you mean. The wiggling I can handle but I don't think I'd like going back to an entire phone running at 1.0x.

Che Castro and Genetic, it's safe. The only change is when you press and hold an icon, like if you're going to delete/move it. Instead of moving at what you have the tweak set for it's back to normal 1.0x speed. Everything else remains faster.

out of curiosity is this update via the dev? There have been countless reports of people piggybacking on this app as the source is out there.

EDIT: you already posted lol d'oh. (or edited!)

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
out of curiosity is this update via the dev? There have been countless reports of people piggybacking on this app as the source is out there.

EDIT: you already posted lol d'oh. (or edited!)

No worries. I did a quick edit to add that last bit of info. You must have quoted just before I finished. :)

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
I was just jb my co-workers phone for her and holy hell, the difference without FakeCLock is unbeleiveable... It felt like everything was in slooowwwww motttiooonnnn... Lucky for her, shes fixed up now. :cool:

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I've noticed since the update yesterday that it has a bug and the animations will go stock speed.

How do I report a bug?

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
That's not a bug. It was added in the update. It now works that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the tweak is to speed up animations but they updated it to go stock speed? No, it is a bug for sure. They'll be super slow then fast then slow again.

dlacar88

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
yep seems like a bug. google maps seems okay (location pulse speed is sped up) but long-tap to move icons runs at stock speed.

what are the steps to downgrade? i have never done this before...

thanks.

edit: i have pkgbackup but did a fresh backup after i upgraded fakeclockup.

Maccleduff

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
So the tweak is to speed up animations but they updated it to go stock speed? No, it is a bug for sure. They'll be super slow then fast then slow again.

yep seems like a bug. google maps seems okay (location pulse speed is sped up) but long-tap to move icons runs at stock speed.

what are the steps to downgrade? i have never done this before...

thanks.

edit: i have pkgbackup but did a fresh backup after i upgraded fakeclockup.

It's NOT a bug. Read the patch notes. The update makes the wiggle animation move at stock speed. It ONLY affects the wiggle animation (the one which happens when you long tap icons to move). It is intended to only affect the wiggle animation so that it doesn't wiggle crazy fast.

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I understand that. What I AM experiencing is a bug in which ALL animations run stock speed or slower, then fast again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.