Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Currently, different members of my family are subscribed to the following:
Apple News+
Apple Arcade
Apple TV+
iCloud 200gb
iCloud 200gb
iCloud 200gb

So we're considering going to Apple One Premier, but I want to know how the family sharing with the iCloud storage works. Do they all share the same 2TB and are able to access everyone's files, or can they be divided up between each family member. If we do switch to this, how do we transfer the three iCloud 200gb accounts to the other?

Thanks!

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Currently, different members of my family are subscribed to the following:
Apple News+
Apple Arcade
Apple TV+
iCloud 200gb
iCloud 200gb
iCloud 200gb

So we're considering going to Apple One Premier, but I want to know how the family sharing with the iCloud storage works. Do they all share the same 2TB and are able to access everyone's files, or can they be divided up between each family member. If we do switch to this, how do we transfer the three iCloud 200gb accounts to the other?

Thanks!
Consider it a "bucket" of data. Everyone shares from that same bucket. And no, no one else can see anyone else's data or files.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Great. Thanks! Now what's the best way to transfer the storage we have to the new?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Great. Thanks! Now what's the best way to transfer the storage we have to the new?
Sorry, of that I have no knowledge. It was said that the person purchasing the plan under their account, sends invites to others to join the new plan. But someone else will have to jump in to verify this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.