Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dUnKle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2020
Morning

Hope someone can help me
I have a family all using Apple devices, myself, my daughter and my parents

I have Apple One - TV+, Music and Apple Arcade etc
Can this be shared with my family, all using own devices and accounts
And if so, how ?

I have numerous kids / family films on my Apple Movies that my daughter would like to watch on her IPad as well as both her and my Dad would like to listen to the music

Can this be setup, or will I have to pay for each user ?

Thanks

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Yes you can share that subscription with multiple users. Have a look here on how to setup:

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
Good morning! The idea with Family Sharing is that other people are allowed to share your content on their devices – that applies pretty broadly to iTunes content, iCloud storage, and Books.

I'm not sure whether you've found the main support documents, but here they are:

For Apple One, it looks like the Individual plan is meant for only one user, but the "Family" and "Premier" plans are meant for you and up to five other people: https://www.apple.com/apple-one/

You set up Family Sharing differently depending on what device you're using: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Reactions: hg.wells

dUnKle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2020
Thanks guys

see that’s where I got confused. If I just pay separate for music and tv etc I can share them across family. But with Apple one I have to pay an extra 5 quid but get the extra cloud storage

is that correct ?
Also, can I setup parental controls so I don’t find my daughter watching John McClane ?

oh and additionally, with Apple TV. When sharing that, is that just the free stuff that Apple produce or in turn can you share the purchased movies as well ?

Last edited:

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
I might be wrong, but just from memory:

• Yes, I think you have to buy at least the "Family" Apple One plan to share those services with your family. (I'm not sure what happens with iCloud if you were already subscribing at a family-shareable level.)

• I'm pretty sure you can activate Parental Controls for your family members' devices. I think that includes things like restricted content ratings and time usage limits or schedules for apps, and so on.

• Family Sharing (even without Apple One) lets other family members access each other's purchased iTunes content (music, movies, TV shows, and books).

dUnKle

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2020
Thank you

really helps and very much appreciated
I guess the one big “issue” would be that doing that also seems to share purchase / payment methods which I think could prove dangerous

csn you setup 2 factor purchase ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.