Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Brown.

TO many people have those shoes, if you want adidas get Adidas Stan Smiths or Classic Sambas...

Stan Smiths:
stan-II-wht-green.jpg

Sambas
pG01-214369reg.jpg

But if you really want those adidas, get the brown ones, the blacks are WAY to common.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
Seems like the majority is for brown, but I would think the shoes would look funny when worn with different colored dress shirts. Black is sort of a neutral color. But then again, the black ones don't look that hot.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
The style's not really my cup of tea, but I'd definitely go with the brown ones. I just don't like black sneakers at all, plus the brown ones can funk up an outfit better.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
skunk said:
Paint your feet and go barefoot.

Or, kick the side of your house until your toenails crack and then peel the skin back from your toes to your ankle. Voila, a lovely fresh red colour that'll crisp up and turn brown over time. :)

In all seriousness, both shoes look quite geeky IMO. Not necessarily a bad thing though. :)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Go with brown if you're dead set on that style.

With my preppy stuff, I often go with my leather sandals...Reef, Rainbow or equivalent.

1-rainbow-sandals.jpg

They look a lot better once broken in.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
If you want dress shoes you do not want Addidas trainers. Get some nice leather Cole Haans (if your feet are done growing. Cole Haans are too expensive to buy replacements for every time your feet jump a size). If they aren't done (like mine) get some cheap, nice looking black leather shoes.

However if you are dead set on trainers then get the black. Brown leather may be dressy but brown sneakers aren't.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
Well, the more I think about it, I don't really like either of them. I think I'm just going to end up getting the black stripes on white:

B0007PNCVC.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1110611522_.jpg

And I was also wondering what you guys thought about just solid black? Sure, I could just wear dress shoes every single day and get a better look, but that sure as hell isn't comfortable. I need sneakers for my life.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
goodtimes5 said:
Well, the more I think about it, I don't really like either of them. I think I'm just going to end up getting the black stripes on white:

B0007PNCVC.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1110611522_.jpg

And I was also wondering what you guys thought about just solid black? Sure, I could just wear dress shoes every single day and get a better look, but that sure as hell isn't comfortable. I need sneakers for my life.

I like the white better... all black might be kinda nice though too.

wrc fan

macrumors 65816
goodtimes5 said:
Sure, I could just wear dress shoes every single day and get a better look, but that sure as hell isn't comfortable. I need sneakers for my life.
Who exactly is recommending dress shoes? I've only seen people recommend better looking shoes, especially when you say:
goodtimes5 said:
but I would think the shoes would look funny when worn with different colored dress shirts. Black is sort of a neutral color.
If you're wearing dress shirts any addidas are going to look funny (assuming your dress shirts are not complimented with board shorts or jeans but with slacks). What's wrong with something like these or these, which look nice and are perfectly comfortable?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If you thought about getting black sneaks because they're "dressier", you have more of a fashion problem then I can fix. :p

The blacks are ugly, the browns are better, and the white with black stripes is very safe and doesn't stand out (for better or worse)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
puma_suede2.jpg

Forget black or brown. Go with the RED! I got these last week, and they are awesome. I could care less if they match my outfit, they're funky, they're fresh, they're funky fresh my friends :D . Comfortable too, they got this squishy sole. My old Pumas weren't like that.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
i would go with the black .. the brown is simply too much fashion at the moment (at least here)

and who in their right mind recommends the white ones over the black ones .... please don't wear white sneakers

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I confess.

I've owned three pairs of the white on black Superstars.

:(

I want a white pair, but I'd buy the black again. They're just too comfortable.

Those Samabs look really hot though.

But it's true that way too many people wear Superstars... that and Converse Chucks. Together those two shoe models have like 8908042 colour combinations available around the world. Have you looked at Puma? But be warned, if you wanna wear Puma you better have narrow feet, unless you buy the Turins, but they don't look that great.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Get some k.swiss assoros. Can't find any pics on the internet at the moment. Coolest shoes around...

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Onitsuka Tigers FTW.

I see the white Adidas wayyy more than the black ones nowadays. I don't really care for the white ones to be honest... black goes with anything. I like those brown shoes though. I also like stanard black Pumas...

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
mad jew said:
Or, kick the side of your house until your toenails crack and then peel the skin back from your toes to your ankle. Voila, a lovely fresh red colour that'll crisp up and turn brown over time. :)

:D You are mad:D

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I'm in the 'wouldn't be caught dead in either' category. You can spice up the black with the Adidas Adisyn. It has all the right components but a nicer shape and stands out from the generic rest. However, i truly like these Ultimate 81s from Asics.

Attachments

• p232787b.jpg
    p232787b.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 7,236
  • p226964b.jpg
    p226964b.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 7,241
C

CompUser

Don't Get the Black!

They look like those frumpy black sneakers that old people wear that usually feature velcro straps instead of laces.

I say just be cool like me and get the black and white adidas (Superstar II's)

ADIDAS-SuperstarII.jpg

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I don't think the black will match anything, reminds me of some friends in high school who would wear black slacks with black tennis shoes to formal things. I'd look at white if I were you, they show more style or class than black tennis shoes.

C

CompUser

jared_kipe said:
I don't think the black will match anything, reminds me of some friends in high school who would wear black slacks with black tennis shoes to formal things. I'd look at white if I were you, they show more style or class than black tennis shoes.

I agree. Generally speaking I don't think black sneakers go with anything except 50 year old basketball referees' uniforms or frumpy librarians on fridays.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah, seriously.

And on a side note, never listen to fashion advice from someone whom you think dresses poorly or has no style. If a girl says you look nice in something, and yet she generally dresses rather slack, then just say thanks and don't take it seriously.

It's hard to take advice from people on fashion here because you don't know how they look in what they're wearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.