Fast shutdown with multiple users logged in

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hakusai, Sep 22, 2005.

1. hakusai macrumors newbie

Hi:

Can't seem to figure out this one. Is there an easy way to shutdown OSX when multiple users are logged in. My wife and I are frequently both logged in and when it comes time to shutdown, it's a hassle to have to type in the admin name and click on Shutdown after already having gone through the menubar and clicked on shutdown.

I know it's to ensure no open documents or programs are affected on the other user's login but can I get around it?

Thanks

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

if you want to kill your harddrive you can hold down the powerbutton for 4-5 seconds ;)

Just go through the hassle (which really is barely one) because i don't think there is an easier one

3. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

AFAIK, you will always be prompted when you're shutting down and someone else is logged in. Control+Eject will get you to the shutdown window without any mouse clicks, but if you really NEED to shut down without clicking, hold the power button for 5 seconds. Hopefully someone else knows of a hack...

4. belvdr macrumors 601

You might try going into terminal and doing a:

shutdown -h now

5. hakusai thread starter macrumors newbie

Could this be made into a simple applescript....I'm looking for a one-click solution to shutdown..