Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

towalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Installed 10.3 over 10.2.8 and works fine except for fast user switching: desktop turns and new user's desktop is loaded, but stalls with a beach ball. Anyone same problem/any ideas? Thanks

towalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Fast user switching, crashing

iMac 17" 1ghz
Did a fresh install but always crashes on fast user switch

towalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Have reinstalled 10.3 with "archive and install". Fast user switching works now (great!) Everything else seems to work except for Norton Personal Firewall.

towalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
(I'm answering my questions myself here I guess ;-) I reinstalled Norton Personal Firewall and Fast user switching started to crash again. Finally I uninstalled NPF and now Fast user switching works fine...

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Originally posted by towalu
(I'm answering my questions myself here I guess ;-) I reinstalled Norton Personal Firewall and Fast user switching started to crash again. Finally I uninstalled NPF and now Fast user switching works fine...

Yea, Norton stinks, lol. Turn on your Firewall in System Prefs and you should be fine.

towalu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
At that price it shouldn't stink ;-)
What is third-party firewall soft good for anyway (as compared to Apple's built-in one)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.