Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrviga

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Ok, I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I may be a little crazy...I am trying to make it so that my computer, when left idle, returns to the login screen. Now I can set it to log out after a certain time, but I don't want to log out completely, I want to "fast user switch" back to the login screen so that if I leave my laptop unattended, and someone else with another account wants to use it, they can login, and not get access to my stuff, before logging out.

I don't want to use the screen saver lock because when someone who is not me tries to use the computer they have to hard shut down and reboot. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Joe B.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
mrviga said:
Ok, I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I may be a little crazy...I am trying to make it so that my computer, when left idle, returns to the login screen. Now I can set it to log out after a certain time, but I don't want to log out completely, I want to "fast user switch" back to the login screen so that if I leave my laptop unattended, and someone else with another account wants to use it, they can login, and not get access to my stuff, before logging out.

I don't want to use the screen saver lock because when someone who is not me tries to use the computer they have to hard shut down and reboot. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Joe B.
Ummmm, you know when you lock the screen when the screen saver comes on, you can still switch users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.