Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave1423

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
seems capable of running under mavericks plus the ability to upscale to the full 2880x1800 of my retina display

Dave1423

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
also the filter on OpenEmu Lite cranks up the fans quite a bit on my 2013 macbook pro wish there was a way to turn that off also maximizing the game in full screen leads to it looking very blurry hence why being able to upscale to my retina resolution would be great

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
also the filter on OpenEmu Lite cranks up the fans quite a bit on my 2013 macbook pro wish there was a way to turn that off
There is, View → Select Filter.

also maximizing the game in full screen leads to it looking very blurry
I mean, that's why there are filters. You can either have the raw pixels or you can have (one of many different types of) blur, but there's no getting around the fact that this is a system that outputs at 240p.

I'm not sure what you mean by "upscale to my Retina resolution" in the context of the NES. Unless you're talking about things like xBR/Z, I could add one of those to the list of filters but it looks so bad!

Edit: I'm pretty surprised GTU (the default filter) makes the fans on your MBP spin up though. I have a 2014 Macbook Air and OpenEmu takes up < 15% cpu running NES titles. I guess maybe because the resolution of your screen is so much higher?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.