Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
March Desktops 2010 - uPaymeiFixit

I finished this one a while ago. Not much is mine, but I put everything together and modified some stuff. I don't have credits, but if anybody would like them let me know.
Purple based one is for my MacMini and the Green based one is for my MacBook Air. Can't find the original. It's called Disco if anyone really wants to search for it.
9273dbcfb1f24d68f0f2c8504e353901.png
fee7d947c8c004c356e62ad36c34edba.png

November Desktops 2009December Desktops 2009February Desktops 2010

Foreverwontcome

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
Stow, Ohio
^^
someone needs to learn to "resize" or "attach"

anyways - i changed it. It is doppleganger month and my friend and I have been talking and she looks alot like Kat Dennings so I was watching that movie - so i thought id put this up...brunettes FTW

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
someone needs to learn to "resize" or "attach"

Sorry about that, I wasn't sure how big to make it, but I wanted it to fill the screen for a 1280x720 so I resized them down to 1055x•••. I figured the info bar to the left is about 225px, so it should fill the screen. What would you recommend?

Foreverwontcome

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
Stow, Ohio
Sorry about that, I wasn't sure how big to make it, but I wanted it to fill the screen for a 1280x720 so I resized them down to 1055x•••. I figured the info bar to the left is about 225px, so it should fill the screen. What would you recommend?

just use the attachment editor here in the site or use photobucket and resize it down like most of us do into a macbook or whatever our monitor is. it just makes it easier to scroll and see stuff. Not trying to be a dolt - just some advice bro!

superxero3

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
check out my geektool desktop. It is a combination of a lot of different programs/scripts..

• SuperDocker - To move the dock to the left.
  • CandyBar - To change the folder icons on the dock.
  • GeekTool - The entire "bottom bar" is a GeekTool picture with a ton of scripts on top... I can post the scripts if you request them.
  • Mirage - To make the dock completely transparent.
The only other thing I did was make the menu bar black, and I followed a tutorial on YouTube for that.

Background from http://www.socwall.com/.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the weather icon, or making it fit snuggly in the bottom bar. I'm also thinking of changing all of the dock icons to be a more transparent, black style to match the folder icons.

NatPro

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Australia
how does one go about customizing their dock like you guys have????
some pretty shmick stuff being posted, would love to know how to customize all that stuff. especially the ones with the time and date on the desktop...

BornToMac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
how does one go about customizing their dock like you guys have????
some pretty shmick stuff being posted, would love to know how to customize all that stuff. especially the ones with the time and date on the desktop...

There are plenty of threads on here to help you out. The info on the desktop (time / date / etc.) is done using Geektool. You can use Candybar to swap out your icons, and Docker to customize your dock. There are lots of good posts that go into this in more detail, but that should get you started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.