Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rednoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Hi. I'm the developer of FileBot.

FileBot is a tool for auto-magically renaming Movies, TV Shows and Music. If you're using Plex or Kodi then FileBot is a must-have utility to get your media in order.

The latest version of FileBot is available on the Mac App Store for $20.

rename.png

FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming Movies, TV Shows, Anime or Music. It's smart, highly customizable, and just works.

FileBot will match your files against TheMovieDB or TheTVDB and then rename (or move / copy / symlink / hardlink) them exactly the way you want it. Anything is possible with the scriptable format engine.

If you need help extracting archives en masse or checking SFV / MD5 / SHA1 / SHA256 files then FileBot will get that done as well.

If you need any help there's the FAQ and Forums. Feel free to contact me on Twitter or Facebook if you have any questions.

Twitter: @filebot_renamer

Last edited:

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
handy app.
i use it all the time for organizing my content for my mac mini based home theater system

LOLobo

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2014
I absolutely love your app. I use it only from Terminal though, and I don't remember having paid for it, but then again I'm running an old version.

rednoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
FileBot 4.7.8
• Additional language preferences
• Additional Episode Sort Order: Absolute Airdate Order (useful for matching by airdate or episode title instead of SxE numbers)
• Additional bindings: {kbps} and {khz}
• Unified {localize} and {order} binding usage (e.g. localize.zho.n or order.airdate.sxe)
• Minor improvements and bugfixes

rednoah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
FileBot 4.7.9
• Binding {sdhd} has been removed in favour of {hd} which now supports UHD/HD/SD as possible values
• Support Presets for photo mass-renaming (e.g. added {exif}, {camera} and {location} bindings)
• Minor improvements and bugfixes

9PMGCqc.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.