Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonkeyTron

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Very dissapointed because whenever I try to open Final Cut Pro HD an error message comes up saying "

Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• AGP graphics card.

I have an iMac G5 17" 1.9 Ghz, version just before the new intel ones.
Do these computer just not come with an "AGP graphics card?" Where can I get one if that is so? What is an "AGP graphics card?"

Hopefully some body could help me out.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Navigate to the App in your Applications folder, right (Control) click on the app and choose Show Package Contents. Then open the Contents folder, find info.plist and open it. Find the line that says
Code:
<string>AGP</sting>
and change it to
Code:
<string>PCI</string>
NOTE: You will need TextWrangler to open the .plist file.

You will have to do this for the other Apps bundled with it too IE: Compressor.

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Hi
I'm having the same problem. Do i change the '<string>AGP</string>' to '<string>PCI</string>' on LiveType, Soundtrack, Cinema Tools, Comressor and on Final Cut Pro?
Thanks
Amy

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Amy2005 said:
Hi
I'm having the same problem. Do i change the '<string>AGP</string>' to '<string>PCI</string>' on LiveType, Soundtrack, Cinema Tools, Comressor and on Final Cut Pro?
Thanks
Amy

FCP only I think. If the other apps give the same message then change them too :)

To answer the question posed above newer Macs have PCI Express graphics cards/chips. This is better than AGP.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
robbieduncan said:
FCP only I think. If the other apps give the same message then change them too :)

To answer the question posed above newer Macs have PCI Express graphics cards/chips. This is better than AGP.

Keep in mind that FCP will not install on the new Intel iMacs :(
Yes I bought one :p
Come March itll be ;)

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Thank you, its the iMac that came out before the intel ones :)

Do i just need to change the ACP to PCI on the Final Cut Pro using text wranger then save the package contents file with PCI now typed in?

Thanks
Amy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.