Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
I have a customer that called me with a question I wasn't sure of. I belive I know the answer but I told him I would search for solutions. He is doing some video editing for a client of his and they want their final product to be in MPEG1 format. I know its crazy but its what has to be done. Is there anyway to output as MPEG1 in Final Cut. The only solution he has going for him right now is using Cleaner, but take to long for it to be an acceptable solution. Let me know what you guys think, although I think Cleaner will be his only option.

iJon

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Cleaner is his only option (unless he purchases a hardware MPEG encoding card). FCP, Compressor, and Sorenson Squeeze do not output MPEG-1 files. We use MPEG-1 at work for all of the MPEG's we send to clients for approval and they all go thru Cleaner.

Lethal

iJon

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by LethalWolfe
Cleaner is his only option (unless he purchases a hardware MPEG encoding card). FCP, Compressor, and Sorenson Squeeze do not output MPEG-1 files. We use MPEG-1 at work for all of the MPEG's we send to clients for approval and they all go thru Cleaner.

Lethal
thanks a bunch, we both thought that but it didnt hurt to check, i will let him know tomororw.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.