Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Hmm, very quick question. If I purchased the studio as an upgrade, would they contain full installers? I know what you're wondering, and I only ask this question because I purchased Final Cut Pro 4 and DVD Studio Pro separately and I'm wondering if I could just purchase the upgrade to install everything, such as Motion and Soundtrack Pro...

It's $699 for full, or $499 for upgrade. Well, I dunno, or I may just buy the full suite, academic discount of course. :-D

TIGER IS COMING! WOO! *cheers*

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
You aren't reading carefully enough.

You can upgrade from Final Cut Pro for $699. You are not eligible for the $499 upgrade price.

So your options are the $699 upgrade, or the $699 academic version. If your version of Final Cut Pro was purchased at academic pricing, then you are not eligible for the upgrade. If you purchase the academic version, you will not be eligible for future upgrades.

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Actually, you might not be reading carefully :p They're both academic pricings. For the FULL academic studio, it's $699. For the UPGRADE academic studio, it's $499. Check this pricing out at their "Apple Software" section. Enjoy.

Oh well, might as well go full if I want to ensure no problems within installation?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I checked the Apple Education Store. It has no upgrade from Final Cut Pro listed. It does have an upgrade from Production Suite listed for $499, but you don't have Production Suite.

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Yes, so what is the answer to my first question: if I don't have the production suite, and just bought the upgrade, would I be able to install from the upgrade? I just wouldn't be able to install Soundtrack Pro or Motion 2, correct?

I know that I'm not eligible from the $499 price, so do they keep track of what you buy at the store? Since I did not actually purchase it (Final Cut Pro 4) with my account, then maybe I can't purchase it at all?

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Chaszmyr said:
I checked the Apple Education Store. It has no upgrade from Final Cut Pro listed. It does have an upgrade from Production Suite listed for $499, but you don't have Production Suite.

There is an upgrade from Final Cut Pro listed for $399. There is an upgrade for everything from the production suite.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
fiercetiger224 said:
There is an upgrade from Final Cut Pro listed for $399. There is an upgrade for everything from the production suite.

That is an upgrade to Final Cut Pro 5, not an upgrade to Final Cut Studio

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.