Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
After waiting for anxiously waiting for over three months, I picked up my 15" MBP Core 2 Duo (non-glossy). I cannot even describe how excited I am about this computer. It is simply remarkable. Everything from the design of the computer to the seamless integration of the software and most importantly OS X makes this the ideal machine.

I initially walked in the store ready to buy the Macbook, but once I saw this beauty I found it hard to resist. I know this is not really a question or a statement but I just wanted to share with you (like everyone else on this forum) does my extreme satisfaction.

I would like to thank each of you for your patience, helping me with questions over the past several months (even the inexperienced ones). I am a proud owner of this computer, and delighted to be a part of this community. I have some pics here and will be documenting my purchase in a blog.

Thanks!

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02004.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC01986.jpg
    DSC01986.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01993.jpg
    DSC01993.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01996.jpg
    DSC01996.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I initially walked in the store ready to buy the Macbook, but once I saw this beauty I found it hard to resist.
Haha, classic Apple at its best. :D Congrats. Gorgeous machine.

I'm still really drawn to how sleek the newer packaging is. :eek:

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
It looks like a great machine, and it'll give you a lot of years of good, reliable, and fun service. Congrats.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I'm still really drawn to how sleek the newer packaging is. :eek:

Me too. I don't know what amazed me more whilst unpacking my new Macbook. The computer itself in all its' sleek form or the compact, well thought out packaging and lack of clutter in the box. It really is well done.

Congratulations on the amazing new machine. :)

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Can I ask what spec you got, and what was it about the MBP that won over the Macbook? Nice pics. Pleased for you! Looking forward to the blog ;)

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
Can I ask what spec you got, and what was it about the MBP that won over the Macbook? Nice pics. Pleased for you! Looking forward to the blog ;)

I got the low end MBP 15" model stock. I was planning on upgrading to 2GB of RAM but got cold feet at the last moment, and wanted to save money after realizing for my purposes it might be too much anyways. I chose the MBP over the MB because of:

- screen size
- speed
- expandability
- the keyboard

I really did not want a smaller glossy screen and I really enjoy the pro keyboard. I decided that this will be my primary computer over the next several years and did not want to consider buying a desktop later at some point to enhance my viewing experience. So I just got the MBP and thought from a long-term perspective that it would be the better choice because it has all of the right elements.

Are you also undecided between the two?

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Are you also undecided between the two?

I WAS ... but, SNAP, I got the same model as you, for the same reasons. I sold a G5 iMac & G4 iBook to finance it. I will be getting another 1GB RAM when I can, as I hear it is worth it. By the time I had specced up the macbook, there wasn't much price between that and the lowest stock MBP. My favorite difference is the backlit keyboard - I had no idea how useful it would be.

You've made a fine purchase. You won't regret it :)

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Congrats! Even though a MBP looks like every other MBP, I love seeing pictures! Oh and I'm jealous too! Enjoy!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Man - it looks great!!!

Enjoy it - i'm still jealous. I think tomorrow when we "go to town" I'll go play at the Apple Store. If i have to go to Build-A-Bear for the kids - then i'm at least looking for me :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.