Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Birddog1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ohio
Last week I bought an aluminum space gray at Target because it's the only thing I could find locally. I really wanted the space black 42 mm watch but nobody had one in stock and I didn't want to wait. Well, on a whim I thought I would check the Apple Store website tonight. They had them back in stock at the local store so I jumped on it. 42mm space black with black sport band. It's waiting to be picked up and my wife is going to pick it up while I am work tomorrow. The SG is going to be returned tomorrow as well. I'm pretty excited to get it.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Congrats! While still waiting on a 42mm SS on white sport band to ship from Apple, I randomly noticed a 42mm SS on Milanese loop was available today at my local Apple Store and nabbed it using the in-store pickup option online. First time I'd seen one in-stock since I've been looking.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
42 mm SB showed up here in Charlotte today as well. Looks like the scarcity is loosening

GoSUV

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
Hong Kong
Perhaps the recent WatchOS 3.1.1 debacle has caused a lot of series 2 watches to be returned and replaced so new stock is constrained until the replacements are satisfied.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't understand why they are so hard to come by these days

In my opinion, it's just a more limited model. The Sport model is everywhere and even more so in big box stores. The stainless isn't supported in many big box stores in my area and the $200.00 price tag is steep. I do like the stainless, which is what I have.

Reactions: FrisbeeK9

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Congrats! While still waiting on a 42mm SS on white sport band to ship from Apple, I randomly noticed a 42mm SS on Milanese loop was available today at my local Apple Store and nabbed it using the in-store pickup option online. First time I'd seen one in-stock since I've been looking.

same here, i had been looking for the SSB and saw that the local apple store finally had stock...picking it up later today.

Reactions: ajm222

Birddog1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ohio
I used to have a series 1 space black but sold it when I lost my job. I love the convenience of being able to check texts/emails while sitting at my desk without pulling having to pull out my phone. I liked the space gray well enough but I like the sapphire screen on the SS models.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I used to have a series 1 space black but sold it when I lost my job. I love the convenience of being able to check texts/emails while sitting at my desk without pulling having to pull out my phone. I liked the space gray well enough but I like the sapphire screen on the SS models.

Sorry to hear that, hope you get another sooner, rather than later!

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.