Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmax35

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
I need something a little more portable so I found out about the Canon EOS M mirrorless camera that comes out this October.

I've had the fortunate opportunity to shoot the EOS M, it's a great camera for someone like yourself wanting portability and DSLR. The one drawback I found with it was the lack of physical controls, especially the touch screen controls during bright sunny days and no view finder.

I know your under a budget. In my opinion I felt Canon could have provided more of a camera for $700.00 vs what the competition is offering. I choose a Sony NEX-7 to meet my needs of portability, high ISO etc.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I would suggest you stick with Canon or Nikon. That are by far the dominant DSLR body and lens makes. If you the widest range of products, accessories, interoperability (like using DSLR lens on small mirrorless bodies) and support....stick with the big 2 names.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2011
I would seriously wait three weeks to see what's released/announced at photokina. I'm very excited to see what Olympus announces in the micro 4/3 format (which I heartily recommend - size makes a serious difference in that decision about whether to bring your camera with you).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.