Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

memoryleek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
I ordered my MacBook online last tuesday and it arrived yesterday Oct 2! This thing is awesome. I'm really impressed with the performance of it. I got the white 2.0 with 1gig of ram and an 80 gig hard drive. After transferring my 30 gig itunes library, I've only got about 30 gigs left, but that's plenty for now. In the future I'll upgrade the drive and ram. This is my first purchased mac, but I've used many others so I'm not new to the OS, but I'm rusty. Any tips should I try? Any particular software I should download?

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
firefox. blender 3d (if you do 3d stuff). stuffit expander. and flip4mac. vlc for video.

Xblroyal

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2006
FireFox, Shapeshifter, Candy Bar, Steer Mouse, Stuffit Expander, TinkerTool, Flip 4 Mac, img2icns, iTunes 7.1, Handbrake, Shira Browser, Photoshop CS2, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite 2003, Clear Dock, Any App Enhancer by Unsanity. These are mostly free, the priced ones will all up to about $5000 for everything, this is all you'll ever need. good night and good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.