Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ukrsindicat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
I am willing to bet that one of my "friends" is tracking me through the "Notify Me" feature of Find My Friends.

How would I know that someone is tracking me through the "Notify Me" when I leave or arrive somewhere?

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
You can't. If you don't trust your friend, remove him. Find my Friends should be used for trusted/close friends and families.

ukrsindicat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Thank you for your reply.

I thought that if other person uses the "Notify Me" button on the "Find My Friends" then it send the message to me, telling me that someone requested a departure/arrival notification.
Is this how it works?

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Find My Friends "Notify Me"

Thank you for your reply.

I thought that if other person uses the "Notify Me" button on the "Find My Friends" then it send the message to me, telling me that someone requested a departure/arrival notification.

Is this how it works?

Actually you're right you can find out if someone is using the Notify Me feature on you.

On the "Me" settings page (where you can hide your location and stuff) there is a text label called "Notifications" on the right.

Now IF it is highlighted, with a geofence icon next to it someone IS using a notify me feature on you.

If the text label is just "Notifications" then no one is using the feature on you.

The app also tells you who's using the feature on you, by simply tapping the Notifications label. :)

prttyflwers13

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
Find My Friends "Notify Me"

Actually you're right you can find out if someone is using the Notify Me feature on you.

On the "Me" settings page (where you can hide your location and stuff) there is a text label called "Notifications" on the right.

Now IF it is highlighted, with a geofence icon next to it someone IS using a notify me feature on you.

If the text label is just "Notifications" then no one is using the feature on you.

The app also tells you who's using the feature on you, by simply tapping the Notifications label. :)
[doublepost=1469374232][/doublepost]I don't see this under "Me" and don't know how to set it up.

amber1109

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2017
Is there anyway to get an alert with a sound that someone has stopped sharing their location? My 14yo daughter and I both have this app on our phones. Well she snuck out the other night and turned of her location sharing in this app. I did not know she left the house because there was only a silent small notification in or text thread. Is there any other way to be alerted as soon as location sharing has been stopped?!

Reactions: Brydee66

Brydee66

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
Sydney
Is there anyway to get an alert with a sound that someone has stopped sharing their location? My 14yo daughter and I both have this app on our phones. Well she snuck out the other night and turned of her location sharing in this app. I did not know she left the house because there was only a silent small notification in or text thread. Is there any other way to be alerted as soon as location sharing has been stopped?!
[doublepost=1514810205][/doublepost]Hi Amber did you get a reply to your query? I’ve been experiencing the same issue with my 14 year old daughter too!
Brydee

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
[doublepost=1514810205][/doublepost]
Hi Amber did you get a reply to your query? I’ve been experiencing the same issue with my 14 year old daughter too!
Brydee
You can set up restrictions on the phone in Settings that require a special passcode (different from the phone’s passcode) to turn on/off certain settings, including location services. This way you can prevent your daughter from changing location services settings as well as other options.

Settings -> General -> Restrictions

Just don’t forget the passcode you set, otherwise you’ll have to completely erase the phone to undo the restrictions you turn on.

Brydee66

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
Sydney
You can set up restrictions on the phone in Settings that require a special passcode (different from the phone’s passcode) to turn on/off certain settings, including location services. This way you can prevent your daughter from changing location services settings as well as other options.

Settings -> General -> Restrictions

Just don’t forget the passcode you set, otherwise you’ll have to completely erase the phone to undo the restrictions you turn on.

Thank you so much xraydoc. Didn’t know that. Cheers Bx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.